Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, October 18, 2013

The "I'm Running Late All Week", Day Two.

Ipad shuffled to "Rock On", David Essex.  High school.  10th grade maybe?  Anyway.....   My blood pressure cuff seems as if it's set to go off every 15 minutes. :-/   Ok, I need to clarify what I typed on Wednesday.  I was referring to statements made by other patients on a dialysis support site. I've only asked 1 person for a kidney (I'll get to that in a minute). If some had wanted to test for compatibility , I figured I'd hear by now.  And understand, I don't expect anyone to offer a kidney. Honestly, I don't know my response if the situation were reversed.  Lol. It should be easy for me to say now, "of course I'd offer".  But I can't say.  The best I can do is to make sure that after I die I make all viable parts for transplant. My liver is still good.  Take it!  I will ask that you consider donating your organs. Please.

Now, for the person I did ask...  Brian and I were talking about this and Dad was eating breakfast.  I say, "Hey Dad, can I have one of your kidneys when you die?".  While never missing a beat while eating he says, "OK".  Lol.  Dad says it's an old kidney.  I tell him it's ok.  For transplant, I ve been approved to take just about any kidney that's offered.  Understand that some kidneys are more, oh I don't know, purer that others?  "Do You Love What You Feel", Rufus (featuring Chaka Khan). Your head starts the bounce immediately, but I ask again, who is Rufus and where is he now?  Lol. The conversation between me Dad was not morbid. It's just us being us. :-D

Back to kidney availability. I am eligible for all kidneys, even those from older people.  Of course the lifespan of the kidney may not be great, but it could be viable for quite some time and my lifespan.  And really, why waste a the kidney of a 20 year old on my 56, soon to be 57 year old self.  Or as Dad says, Yer almost 60!".  O.o  lol.  Oh yeah, I can reject an available kidney.  I'm not clear on how that affects my place on the line. 

Also I mentioned friends and family just plain out avoiding people because of the kidney disease.  It breaks my heart.  Husbands/wives have been divorced because of the kidney disease.  Siblings or even parents have lessened or cut off contact of the person with kidney disease. ;-(   Young people, 18-30, worry about their futures.  Family and friends blaming the patient for "catching" kidney disease, or dismissing kidney failure and you should suck it.  The stories go on and on.  Now of course many also have a strong and supportive network (raises hand).  <3

It's been almost a year since I've started this journey. I'm going to go over and review. The original text was copied from Facebook and difficult to follow.  I'll also compare how I was then with how I am now, and the possible paths for my future.  Signing off with Seal, "Kiss From a Rose".  Isn't this a beautiful song?  Have a great evening. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment