Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The "I Felt Really, Really Good Yesterday", edition.

iPad shuffled  to Tears For Fears, "Everbody Wants to Rule the World". Back to Water Aerobics.  I'm enjoying being in the water.  It's a tiring workout. I tried it about a year before my kidneys failed completely, but I was in throes of the kidneys failing. Everything about it was tiring. Changing into the swimsuit was tiring. I used the stairs to get into the pool.  I was in shallow water aerobics, so the impact of the floor hurt my back and my knee. Getting out of the pool was almost impossible. I had to hoist myself up and out, even using stairs.   Getting out of the wet swimsuit took time. Standing up too long was impossible. Trying to dry myself thoroughly was difficult.  So I'm putting clothes on damp skin. I'd sit down to put on my pants, but getting up was hard.  I'd be more tired trying to get dressed.  And then I had to walk to the car.  I'd be whipped.  I quit going.

Soul Survivors, "Expressway to Your Heart". Lol. They're White. Who knew.  Lol. Huge R&B song. :-)  When I started back last summer, everything was so much easier.  Yes, the aerobics would tire me out, but getting dressed, undressed and getting in the pool were non-issues. We also did deep water fitness instead of shallow water.  Sometimes the exercises seem impossible.  I float away, or my body whines about the routine being foreign. Lol. But I keep moving.  There are some exercises that require us to move our legs while raising our arms high out of the water. I float naturally, so I have no problems.  My husband however is solid.  He sinks like a rock.  Lol.  The instructor know I'm doing dialysis. It really isn't a problem.  I did have to build up my strength.  

The Stylistics, "You Are Everything".  I did have a problem one day.  The floatation devices are what we called ski belts when I was a kid when waterskied and swam (of course we wear floatation devices in deep water fitness!). The devices wrap around your waist. Well the device can get tight and ride up your rib cage.  Once day the pressure on my rib cage made it difficult for me to breathe.  I moseyed over to the front of the pool to stand....it has a 4 foot deep ledge. Trying to be inconspicuous. I just wanted to take a break.  Heh, the instructor was on to me.  She had me get out of the pool...without missing a beat on leading the routine.  Lol. I got out of the pool on the side.  Now I hadn't attempted to get out of the side ever.  I'd go to the shallow end and walk up the stairs. She had someone with me while I changed clothes.  Liability issues anyone?  Lol. Anyway, just that one incident.  

Pharrell Williams, "Happy". Ok for the record, we've been following Pharrell for years starting with a The Neptunes.  Did you know he helped produce "Rump Shaker"?  Do you even know "Rump Shaker"?  Lol.  Back to swimming. Now I can dress, undress, and walk to the car with no problems. It's not an issue if there no parking spaces close to the door.  I may be slow sometimes, but I'll walk the walk!!  I'll be tired, but it's a good tired. :)   When I woke up yesterday, I felt good.  Really good.  Like the good I hadn't felt in years!!! I liked it!!

No make no mistake, I have End Stage Renal Disease and I can have some really bad days, but I just felt so wonderful yesterday.  And I went to the dentist to have the stitches removed. I was still all smiles. :-)  Yeah, and I'm feeling pretty good today.  No promises after I get off the machine, though.  I may feel like I lost a fight.  Eh, but a few good days is worth it!!!

Signing off with The Whispers, "I Only Meant to Wet My Feet".  Oh..thanks to my very good friend for helping me pack up the china and other stuff. This is making the move very close.  The living room, dining room, one bedroom and four of the basement rooms are good to go!  Some furniture should be going out within the next 2 weeks!!!

Oops to long. Really signing out now. Cameo, "I Just to Be". Party over here!!!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment