Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 14, 2014

The "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That", edition.

iPad shuffled to Steve Miller Band, "Abracadra". "...I wanna reach out and grab ya'". I admit it, the hook "grabbed me". Lol.  Old dude still isn't back and the same guy has been in his station. I need to ask about that. Bun lady is back.  I asked. Old dude is still in the hospital. :-(

So. Friday I had breathing issues.  I was attended by 2 nurses.  Listening to my heart and lungs. The breathing problems started after the dialysis machine started beeping. The tech had stepped away.  After a while, the warning beeps launched into a siren. I admit. I'd never seen (heard) that before. My blood pressure spiked high and the venous flow pressure spiked. I don't know the outcomes of that, but the nurses were concerned.  They gave me oxygen and I got stabilized. The charge nurse wanted me to go to the hospital after treatment. She called my doctor (nephrologist) to let him know what happened. He had her attached to a heart monitor for the rest of treatment. I stabilized, my breathing returned to normal, my blood pressure returned to normal and my heart rate was fine.  I was able to go home and enjoy the weekend. 

SOS Band, "Tell Me If You Still Care". I like the song.  However the video is awful. The lead male singer is dorky. Lol. The female singer has a kick ass voice.  I'm glad I didn't end up in the hospital. I had things to do over the weekend. The first was going to the baby shower for the daughter of my cousin. I hadn't seen her since she was a little girl. Hooray for Facebook.  She is so pretty. :)  Her shower was in Romeo, Michigan. I had a fabulous brain fart.  I mixed up Romeo with Romulus. Oops!!  I was planning on going to Romulus.  Near the airport.  Until my brain kicked in. Lol. Romulus, southwest of me. Romeo, northeast of me. Good thing I used google maps. Romeo. Land of the apple orchards. :)  

Little Anthony and the Imperials, "Going Out of My Head".  What was significant is I went alone. No Brian driving me. I've gotten spoiled. However, I was sure he didn't want to go to a baby shower.  I drove the 35 miles there and took the scenic route back.  Down Van Dyke, instead of the freeway. I was surprised the little towns closed at 6 on  Saturday.  I also noticed the sky was dark behind me. It had been cloudy all day, so I didn't think about it. I moseyed on home. Apparently I missed the hail storm!  Anyway I had a great time at the shower...even if we did a record number of games - lol.  It's been a while since I've attended a baby shower. Lol. 

Tevin Campbell, "Can We Talk".  I still had things to do on Sunday. Brian wanted to see the Captain America movie. Shawn was his movie buddy, especially the last few years as I was diving into kidney failure.  I recall going to a movie when it was so difficult to walk. Well that's not an issue now!  However, I am not necessarily a fan of Marvel movies ( I'm ducking now. Blasphemy. I know).  I saw the first X-Men movie. That was one and done for me. Spider-man didn't faze me. Wasn't interested in the Fantastic Four, Ironman  or Captain America. Well that clearly changed after yesterday. Why didn't you tell me about the eye candy named Chris Evans?  And this was in 3D?  And then there was Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Redford?  I enjoyed the hell out of that movie!!!

Gino Vanelli, "I Just Wanna Stop".  In addition to the movie, I got excited for the trailers. Spider-Man in May. Maleficent in May, and Godzilla !!!! In May. Lol. That was not the Godzilla we grew up with!!  All in 3D. Let the movies begin!!!!  It feels good to feel good. I'd been feeling bad since 2011, at least. I didn't go out much because I was tired or didn't feel good. I may bitch and moan about dialysis but I feel so much better with it than without it. And I'm doing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I get tired and I get depressed and I get odd physical issues and my diet is restricted and I'm highly susceptible to infection, but still...I feel better than I did before November 2012. :)

Signing off with "Yeah", Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris. Don't you just love hearing Lil Jon in the background...holding his chalice.  Lol lol. "Let's go!"  This is song that makes you wanna get up and dance...right now!  Since I shouldn't stand up at this moment I'll just chair dance. :-D   Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment