Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The "The Blog Will Have Fewer Entries in the Future", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Isley Brothers, "Make Me Say It Again Girl". Sometimes I forget the power of Ron Isley. :)  Today was a multi-stick day. For whatever reason my venous (top) button hole was being difficult.  4 techs to get the stick. 45 minutes. Sigh.  5 or 6 needles. I lost count. I know on know. I said no more than 2.  I just don't want to skip any days. And the flow was fine, so there was no clotting. No idea why my button hole was being difficult.

I'm going to cut down on the blogging. I initially was going to just quit.  But it was a tantrum. My last entry, I asked my readers yo help me help people with kidney disease. Not only did I not get any responses, only 8 people even bothered to read the entry. And I am grateful for those 8. I am also grateful to the people who have donated and sponsored the my team for the National Kidney Foundation Zoo Walk.  Some people have indicated they will walk with me. I had several people last year who said they'd walk . Only one person showed up. I was delighted to see him.  

I get it. The kidney disease is important to me because I have it. It doesn't mean much to anyone not affected by it. I know I was clueless until it happened to me. The purpose of the blog is to educate my readers in hopes they never have to go through what I went through. I do need some feedback. I get it if people don't or can't donate.  Just let me know. "Sorry Pat, I can't donate, but I support you". Eh. I got nothing.  With the readership down to these low numbers, I guess my job is done.  I have the responsibility to those who have donated  to write entries through the end of May, and I will write.  After that I'll write if I feel like it. 

The Isley Brothers, "Here We Go Again". Yes, I downloaded Some Isleys yesterday.  What a great trip down memory lane.  I squealed on some songs. Brian told me to calm down. Lol. We go to watercolor class.  It's pretty hard.  I have to get my artist eye on. I have to sketch the subject before painting.  Drawing and painting oranges are hard!!  Lol. After saying that, my current project is actually looking good.  And guess what?  Brian has a natural talent!!  

Finally, we are moving stuff out. The china is mostly gone.  We have a taker for the piano. Most of the furniture should be out in the next week or so.  I am so looking forward to moving. Still much to do. But  we see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Yay!

Getto Boys, "Mind Playing Tricks on Me". Thank Brian  for this bring on my playlist.  It was on his playlist.  He'd play music while getting dressed in the morning and leave his music on after he left.  So this would come on and I grew "fond" of it.  Lol. Quiet day here. Was just told old guy is in rehab. :-(   Once more I'll ask you to help me to help others. That could be me one day.  Or you. 

Signing off with The Guess Who, "American Woman". Heh, I just cranked up the volume.  Today is the fundraiser for the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan (NKFM) at California Pizza Kitchen (see flyer for loa cations). 20 percent of your total cost will be donated to the NKFM.  We're heading to the Laurel Park Place location after dialysis for lunch today. Have a great day!  

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog via RSS, so I would never show up in your click stats unless I comment.

    I, for one, appreciate your blog and enjoy reading it.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bruce. That means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete