Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 7, 2014

The "I'm Worried About MY Dialysis Module Family", edition.

iPad shuffled to Meshell Ndegeocello, "Who is He and What is He to You". I love seeing a woman playing a strong bass. And Meshell is good. I love hearing the birds when I come out of the house in the morning. :)  I wasn't too happy when I arrived at dialysis this morning. Well it started out ok.  I walked in the entrance. A nurse and a tech were behind the desk, so I got buzzed in, instead of knocking on the door (hurts my knuckles) or calling my module.  Both of which may not get answered. They don't necessarily get answered because folks are busy.  Yet we have to wait to get called back to the treatment area. It's ok. We just got spoiled because the door used to be propped open and we just walked in. Of course that caused problems, so the door got locked and we have to wait now.  I guess the purpose of life of some folks is to just cause drama.  *sigh*.

Anyway, I get buzzed in.  There's a traffic jam at the scale but that's ok.  I go to my chair first anyway. My routine is to put my bag and coat by my chair, then go back and weigh myself. As I walk to my module, the tech says no one is here. She was right. Only saggy pants guy is here. I'm looking at 4 empty chairs!  Where is my module family????  Especially on Monday.  That's 2 days since the last dialyzing. Extra fluid. Studies show Mondays are pretty bad for dialysis patients. More fatal heart attacks. :(   I'm not hopeful anyone else will show up.  I am the last to get hooked.  Everyone is here and hooked up before I even arrive.  The only one may be be old guy.  I know he is changing transportation services.  I hope that's it.  Friday's blog entry I told you about the deaths in the clinic this year.  There are 5 that I am aware of.  I don't necessarily hear of deaths on other shifts or in other modules or on other days. Death is the nature of the beast. Even on the dialysis Facebook groups there are deaths. :(

Chaka Khan, "I Feel For You". I know you are familiar with the hip hop video, but there was a video before that with Chaka singing the song in a nightclub. On a lighter note, yesterday I visited a church where a friend from Pastuer Elementary school was the guest speaker. When he comes to town, he let's us know and we show up. When I say US, I mean those of us who attended Pastuer, Hampton Jr High or Mumford High school.  He is really good. He let's the congregation know he has a business meeting after service.  That's really all of US going to Buddy's Pizza.  Lol.  Oh hey, big guy just came in. Yay!  Now there are 3 of us here. :)

Roy Ayers, "You Send Me". Yeah, I know this is popping up a lot. Maybe I'll get tired of it one day. NOT. Lol.  My topic today was supposed to be the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan Zoo Walk.  The walk is May 18, 2014 at the Detroit Zoo.  I hope you join my team, Pat's Adventures. You can join as a walker or a sponsor.  The link is below. One of the programs you donation supports is The Prescription Drug Bank - The Drug Bank provides certain prescription medications to individuals who are uninsured or underinsured. The medications are delivered through a mail-order pharmacy directly to the individual's home.  I explained my drug ordeal in previous blog entries. I shudder to think about fellow dialysis patients who have problems getting the LIFE SAVING drugs. I'll go over the pricing formula another day.  Let's just say it's a no-win game. ;-(

Well it's time sign off. Dialysis tidbit. My skin gets uber dry. Sucking all of that fluid out of me 3 days a week. And swimming doesn't help. lol. I should buy stock in a lotion company. I carry 3 travel size lotions in my purse and there are bottles of lotion all over the house. I even have some on my bed stand that smells heavenly.  Bath and Body Works Jasmine Vanilla Aromatherapy. :)   Signing off with The O'Jays, "I Love Music". I think this may be my favorite O'Jays song....until I hear the next one. Rofl.  Enjoy the day and listen for the birds.  :)  


1 comment: