Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, May 30, 2014

The "The Gang is All Here. And A Few More", edition.

IiPad shuffled to The Jacksons, "Enjoy Yourself". Happy song. :)  I arrive at the center and there are several people in the waiting area.  It's rare to see that.  Something must be wrong. Like a problem with the water.  I learned that the water the dialysis machines use is treated. Or maybe a power problem or something as mundane as being short staffed. Since I was a little early I waited patiently. (Yes.  Me. Waiting patiently - lol). In a few minutes a tech came to get her patient.  I walked in also. Oh who is the few more?  A patient from 2nd shift was waiting also. I mentioned he was here early.  He said he got moved to first shift.  He wasn't real happy about that.  He came a few times when they called him in to fill a chair.  He didn't realize it was permanent.  Lol

I got to the module, everyone was there.  The stick was finishing up big guy.  Next up was new guy.  That meant I had time to set up.  First thing was to find the remote.  Of course it's missing. (Why are we stealing Comcast remotes?  Geez).  My partner lets me know he's feeling ok....even if he has oxygen this morning. But he's relaxed. Which is a great state for him. Lol.  New lady is back.  She had her fistula just put in. She's a bit skittish, but she's intent on doing what she's supposed to do.  We talked about our arms being numbed for the surgery and the feeling not coming for over 12 hours.  Lol. "I thought my arm was resting on my stomach, but in reality it was flopped next to me". Lol.   Saggy pants guy was already hooked up and asleep. I went to wash my arm, but the soap dispenser wasn't working.  I visited module 1 to wash up.  :-)

Peabo Bryson (spell check changed Peabo into Peabody - lol), "I'm So Into You".  My regular tech is here and she preps me, but since the buttonhole debacle a few weeks ago, only certain people can stick me to create the new buttonhole.  Super tech sticks me in record time and we're off and running. It's Friday morning and it's quiet. My gang is all here.  And I'm watching "My Name is Earl" instead of "The Today Show".  *Sigh*.  

Steely Dan, "Peg".  A few more things about the Home Hemodialysis (HHD) presentation. I was asked about the cost.  It's covered under my insurance.  Everything.  The machine, the supplies, the delivery of supplies, even when I travel.  The training is covered as is the labs.  My doctor told me even that the chair was covered by insurance.  He offered the different options when I first started in-center dialysis in November 2012.  The options were peritoneal dialysis, home dialysis with the NXStage machine or home dialysis with an in center machine(!).  This was offered up within my first 2 weeks of dialysis.  Heh.  I was still trying to adjust to just being on dialysis.  This is fine.  I'm ready now.  I've had a chance to investigate all of my options.  I'm ready to do this.  I'm kinda excited to move to HHD and having more flexibility and freedom.  :-)

Doug E. Fresh with Slick Rick , "The Show".  Yes, I like Slick Rick.  I have no shame.  My nieces turned me on to him in late 80's.  I think I'll remind them.  They are now a teacher and registered nurse....you know, grown and respectable adults. Lol.  I want to talk a bit more about the HHD presentation. The guest speaker at the HHD presentation was a gentleman named David Rush.  Never heard of him.  Apparently he was a part of Pitbull's crew.  A recording artist. I'm gonna listen to hiis tracks eventually.  But he sure did explain a lot about HHD!   

His presentation was geared toward dialysis patients, of course.  He used dialysis humor.  It was great to have someone who is familiar with our condition explaining how he made the decision and understood our needs and concerns. My take away was referring to first shift patient as zombies.  Lol. So true. :). He has been through what we've been through. I'll add the link about him again.  

Logging out with Jeffrey Osborn, "Don't You Get So Mad". Shawn has finished her first year toward the PhD. Yay!  She'll be working on a project in Springfield, Illinois this summer.  She explained it to me.  It has something to do with archiving and test dig sites.  Archeologogy. Lol.  Enjoy your weekend!  

:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment