Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, May 9, 2014

The "The Vernor's Slushee at 7-11 Tastes Like a Boston Cooler. Yum".

iPad shuffled to Jeffrey Osborne, "Don't You Get So Mad". So here's my Jeffrey Osborne story.  Lol. You know I have lots of stories. My coworker and I had stepped outside for our mid morning smoke.  It was a nice summer day. Some guy comes up to us and says he's giving away tickets for a show at Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights. Well, we live in Detroit. Sterling Heights is a ways away. He says well, the tickets are for Jeffrey Osborne and Teddy Pendergrass. We perk up. The guy says they're lawn seats.  We discuss it and say what the heck. They're free and it's Teddy Pendergrass.  Of course it's Teddy in a wheel chair, but it's free.  We round up another manager from our department, pack up our lawn chairs that evening and go to the concert.  After work, of course.

Jeffrey was the opening act. He killed it.  He gives a great concert.  And Teddy?  Remember he was basically a quadriplegic at this time. But he was pretty good. His backup and help were his children.  All in all, we enjoyed the outdoor concert. And it was free. :-)

Wednesday at treatment, I was happy to see 2 ladies from second shift return. One has lupus and is in and out of hospital a lot. The other is brought in on a stretcher by a medical transport crew of 4. They have to hoist her from the stretcher to the dialysis chair. She's also on nonstop oxygen. Neither had been here for a while. Both had been in the hospital for quite some time. :-(.  Oh and when I pulled my venous (top) needle, I didn't press on the correct spot. I got the geyser of blood. Spurting high and strong. And no, I'm not freaked out. I'm more amused. Lol.  So I was quite a bloody mess. The nurse told me I was acting up.  Lol.  Oh yeah. Thanks to all the nurses.  That includes the ones at the center and my friends.  They are the heart of the center. 

The O'Jays, "I Love Music". I can name that tune in 2 notes. Seriously. Lol. Love the O'Jays. I received a check for the walk. I turned it in and received tickets for entrance to the zoo. Wristbands for the kids for access to the Disney Radio tent and my purple "Champions" tent.  The regular tent is huge. Last year they donuts, bagels, cream cheese, fruit, water, chips with salsa, popcorn, bags, and lots of swag.   Oh, what is a Champions tent?  It's the tent for people with kidney disease and for transplant donors. :)    The goal is $800. We've collected $700.  Thanks to everyone. 

Michael Henderson, "Valentine Love". A song that stands the test of time. Finally, I'd made an manicure/pedicure appointment for yesterday. 87 degrees baby!  Best day for the appointment.  I went to Rouge in Ferndale. It's different from the run of the mill nail salons.  Try the deluxe service.  I think you'll like it.  I don't go there every time, but it's a good place to start off after winter.  Oh yeah, I got a shiny blue color for my nails. All that means is my kid has influenced me. No red or mauve here. Lol. 

Signing off with Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris, "Yeah". Ready for the weekend. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.  And for those of us who've lost our mothers, wrap yourself in your memories of your mother. I miss my mommy. But I always smile when I think about how much she loved me.  And I loved her.   <3




No comments:

Post a Comment