Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, May 5, 2014

The "It's Nice to See Daylight on My Way to Dialysis", edition.

iPad shuffled to Chicago, "Call on Me". Chicago's horns are so tight. The harmonies are great.  Volume got cranked up, I'm smiling and gently swaying in the chair.  "You love me too".  We've been making headway in clearing out the house.  It's moving quicker and we are on pace  for the move.   Looking at June.  The dining room is empty. It's so jarring walking into a completely empty room. The table, the china cabinet, the buffett, and the random music cabinet.  All gone. The china, glassware, stainless, table linens, table leaves, candles, assorted knick knacks.  All gone. Only thing left are photos and paintings on the wall.

Michael Jackson, "Butterflies". Floetry wrote this song and they also recorded it. I like birth versions. MarshaAmbrosious's voice is fabulous.  Shawn's room is almost empty. We have some random kid stuff like a Little Tykes rocking chair, some giant maps ( she liked maps ), a few stuffed animals, a table I had when I was a child(!), my grandmothers sewing machine, 2 footlockers and a few remaining books. I think Brian found close to 100 books in her room. Lol. And she'd moved a lot of books when she moved to Champaign. And I believe on our 2nd trip we had to bring her more books. Yes, she's a reader. We had to get her a floor to ceiling book case.  I digress. 

The Whispers, "It a Just Gets Better With Time". *Swoon*. Those cute little twins.  Lol.  The basement is almost empty. We still have the poker table, but that will go out the next time the "Junk Commander" comes back. Yep, my baby is gone my Honda CT 70. *Sniff*.  The furnace room is empty...and huge!  Lol. The laundry room has only the washer and dryer.  We got rid of one of the 3 desks and one of the desk chairs in the computer room.  Bags and purses.  Gone. Well except the purses I wanted to keep. Yes, I got rid of my entire Coach collection. Let someone else enjoy the vintage purses. Those puppies were 20 years old and older. :)

 Teena Marie, "Portuguese Love".  One of my favorite songs and my favorite by Teena Marie.  Love her voice. So this leaves us to the living room. Brian's aunt claimed the coffee table and end tables. She picked them up. All the rest of the furniture was removed on Saturday. Beware of the dog biscuits in the cushions. We discovered Jade stashed her doggie cookies there. Rofl. The lamps and paintings have been claimed.  All that's left is the piano.  And yes we have a buyer. The "piano" movers arrived Sunday morning. Yeah, after an hour the buyer told them to go. It started out alright, but it got pretty bad.  Like a really bad imitation of the Three stooges. ;-(  Let's just say the buyer will be engaging another company to move the piano. The good news is company didn't charge the buyer for that hour. 

Kool and the Gang, "Open Sesame (Part 2)". "I am the genie of sound. Everybody get down."  Lol. The song is an instrumental with the "genie" saying phrases or words every now then.  "Get on your camel and ride". Anyway, they have some of tightest horns you're going to hear.  I prefer Instrumental Kool and the Gang over the pop version.  However it shows just how versatile they are.  On the dialysis front.  First the really good news...with a small back story.  Friday, when my venous needle (top)  was pulled, I didn't put the pressure directly on the hole so the blood gushed out.  Nice puddle of blood on my arm, on the pad and running down my arm, on the pillow and down the side of the chair. Did I mention that they'd already taken six vials of blood...they take blood samples at the first of the month...I didn't have anymore to give. *rim shot*. Lol.  But I moved enough so that none of the blood got on my clothes.   So after all was done I attempted to clean up. 

I got most of it, but you just cannot see the back of your arm. Try it. You'll see. As I walk out I ask one of  my techs if I got it all off.  She said no and grabbed some wipes and got it off.  As she was wiping it off, a patient got my attention. It was old dude!!!!!   He's now on 2nd shift in another module. I was so happy to see him!! He let me know what happened. But he's back and that made me happy.  The other good news is my buttonhole access was back to working today!! Yay!!   

Signing off with Bobby Womack, "Looking For a Love".  It's a misogynistic, but it's the time period. Lol. "Someone to fix my breakfast and bring it to my bed".  And I can't be mad at Bobby.  :)  have a great day.  Oh yeah, I'm just now finishing up. Lost internet connection just as I was saving the doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment