Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, May 19, 2014

The "No Cane, But There Was Pain. It Was a Good Walk", edition.

iPad shuffled to Maxwell, "Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)". I'm moving the photos Brian took yesterday over to my " cloud". I'll be back in a few.  It took twenty minutes, but I did have distractions. Monday morning at dialysis stuff. Lol. Michel'le, "Something in My Heart". An odd song to come out of a hip hop/rap era. It's a pretty song. So before I go into the NKF of Michigan Zoo Walk, I'll tell you about Monday morning at dialysis.

Last night I started having trouble breathing again.  Feeling fine now.  No oxygen needed I'll forget to tell the doctor on Wednesday.  Then cycle though this again. *sigh*.  Anyway, I felt almost 100% by the time I got in the chair.  Ok. We pulled up to the medical center.  2 cars are in front of us. The first car, I knew the occupants.  It's another husband dropping off his wife who is in a wheelchair.  He takes her in and waits with her to get called in. They are pleasant. The other car, the "different" guy gets out. He heads to vending machines. I make a beeline to the elevator.  I didn't want to get stuck on the elevator with him.  I get to the waiting room. My partner is there. Fussing. Lol. He didn't want to go in because the mean lady was in our module. He did go in anyway.  The three of us went in.  Me, my partner, and "different" guy. I head to my chair to put my stuff up. Partner jumps on scale. I take out my blanket, iPad, candy, headphones and phone then head back to scale to get my weight.  I can see "different" guy is still trying to get his weight.  Most of us get on and get off.  He does some kind of ritual....like the weight is gonna change. 

While I wait to weigh (lol) my buddies in the other modules wave. I ask about their weekend. I was informed one had diarrhea but he was ok now (!). Lol. The tech bust out laughing and commented about TMI. I just rolled with. I guess I feel fine that my fellow patients feel comfortable enough with me to let know. Lol lol. Roflmao. 

Atlantic Starr, "Send For Me". Can't decide which version I like best..Atlantic Starr or Will Downing. I like then both.  Anyway back at module, partner is fussing about needing his  blood  pressure meds.  Of course he gets riled up and his BP spikes. :(   Everything is calm now....for the moment.  These are my people. :-)    All hell will break lose around 9AM. 

Ramsay Lewis, "Sun Goddess". Zoo Walk.  We thought we'd get there early. Lol. So did a lot of other people.  Anyway, we pre registered, so there was no line for us.  We presented our tickets and entered the zoo. Found the champions tent..for people on dialysis, donors, and people who have had transplants and 1 guest. We got some stuff and a knit cap..which was nice because it was a little chilly.   Then We found a table.  I sat while Brian went to the "swag" tent to get some bags because our arms were full from the champions swag.  Again they fed us. Bagels, doughnuts, fruit, sandwiches, tortilla chips and salsa, water, juice and iced tea.  And that's just what I saw. Pens, mirrors, earbuds, popcorn, Rice Krispie treats and more bags. And coffee. 

Mike found us and my friend Julia found us.  The pre walk warm up was hosted by Brandon Roux. A yoga group had us stretching, a fitness group had us doing a routine to "Happy" which makes people move. Lol. And finally we're off. I walked pretty well. We enjoyed the animals. I got tired near the end, but my time was better. Mike asks me why I'm going to fast?  Lol. I didn't realize I was.  I ended up with a slight backache, my left outer thigh was hurting. I got home and took a nap.  Then my body really protested.  Lol. A little Aleve and I was ok. 

Thanks to everyone who sponsored Pat's Adventures.  I don't have to final tally, but collected close to $800.00 toward the prevention of kidney disease.  Thank you all so very much.  :-)   Please enjoy the photographs. :)

Signing off with "The Jam", Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. Funk at its finest. "Sugah". Have a great day!  








1 comment:

  1. So glad that it was a success! I was just the opposite, no cane but with pain....LOL!!! I will continue to work at that. You motivate me and others with medical challenges. Keep up the great work, Pat. You are my She-ro!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete