Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, May 16, 2014

The "It's Been a Heck of a Week. I'm Glad It's Friday", edition.

iPad shuffled to Barry White, "Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up". Full orchestra and a wa-wa on the guitar. :-)   What a week. On Saturday we got rid of more stuff. The china and glassware are gone. Sunday was Mothers Day.  Oh yeah. FedEx said they delivered a package and said they left it on the porch. But I was at home when they supposedly left the package. Working with FedEx was a bust.  I contacted Macys.  They apologized and are resending the package. I had to get the mammogram order from my primary care physician. Got it and made that appointment.

Went to water color class. The teacher asked if I had a turkey platter (talking about getting rid of stuff). I thought so, and I didn't recall packing it away. Brian thought it was in another cupboard.   And it was.  HUGE turkey platter with pilgrims. Lol. That thing was heavy. Teacher now has a turkey platter.  Brian found ton o' pictures.  He's getting them put on DVD.  I have enough for throwback Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for about 10 years.  And I threw out a lot. I asked why had so many scenery photos. Brian said it was important at the time.  Lol. Lots of photos from my mom's first marriage. I don't know those people. I tossed the photos. But it barely made a dent.  Lol

Lakeside, "Fantastic Voyage". Funk!  Chair dance!  Yes, I looked through boxes and boxes of photos.  Oh yeah, the front porch needs to be replaced, so I've been dealing with the contractor. There's a hole in the porch!  Brian got a big ol flower pot to put over the hole.  The hole is a big ol break your ankle lawsuit hole. :-/   Waiting for the permits to be pulled.  Work should start next week.  Driving around northwest Detroit, a lot of porches are in trouble. Most are around 70 years old.  Oh yeah, the contractor says don't put salt on the porches.  You know we all did. Eh. 

On the dialysis front my venous button hole access needs to be reestablished. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. Grrrr. The infiltration that happened on Wednesday hurt. That's when the needle slips and blood gets into the tissue.  My upper arm started swelling immediately and it hurt.  Tears to my eyes hurt. One of the techs held my hand while they worked on it. I'm sure I broke her hand. :-(  I'm sorry.  Today is much better, but I need to talk to someone to see about reestablishing the venous button hole. My great fear is the whole thing blows and I have to get a chest catheter again and I'll have to have additional surgery on the fistula. This makes Pat a sad panda. 

The Whispers, "It a Just Gets Better With Time". *sway*.  The Junk Commander came yesterday to haul away more stuff. Shawn's room is empty. E-M-P-T-Y.  There was an echo in the room when we talked. Lol. What is the tally so far?  Living room, dining room, 4 rooms in the basement - tool room, furnace room, laundry room and bar/rec room. And most of the computer room. Shawn's room and the cedar closet. And the front hallway. All empty. Family room has 2 chairs and a TV.  Rooms left are our bedroom, 1st floor bedroom, back bedroom and the kitchen. Wow.  Everything still must go. Pots and pans, plates, silverware. 

Jackson 5, "Lookin' Through The Windows". Finally doing last minute prep for the NKFM Zoo Walk on Sunday.  I've had a few people indicate they will walk. We'll see who shows up.  Should they come, the total collected should exceed $800.00!!!  Well done team!  And thank you so much!  Hah. We're besting my lead social worker at my center and it looks and if we're one of the leaders for my corporate group, Greenfield Health Systems. :-)   If you're interested in walking, it's this Sunday, May 18 at the Detroit Zoo, Woodward and 10 Mile.  Registration is at 7:30 AM. Walk starts at 8:30 AM.  

Signing off with Eddie Holman, "Hey There Lonely Girl". Isn't that just a beautiful song.  And his voice.  It's pitch perfect. Oh yeah what did I get for Mothers Day?  Skull Candy headphones for women. My husband must have heard me talking about them. He's still pretty cool after 26 years. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment