Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The "All of a Sudden We're Busy", edition.

iPad shuffled to "Fire and Desire", Rick James and Teena Marie. Both gone too soon.  So what's keeping us busy?  Well the move, for sure.  I have 2 appointments to go to in order to remain on the transplant list. They are time specific.  What I mean us that I needed to make the appointments close to last year's date. So May for one and June for the other. Heh.  My transplant coordinator sent me the dates. I also have to complete the dental work...required for a transplant. It's time to visit the opthomologist.  But I guess it's not so bad compared to the amount of appointments I had last year.

The Jackson 5, "Who's Loving You".  Lol. That instantly rolls me back to junior high!! We are taking painting classes.  Acrylic class and watercolor class. The acrylic is just do what the instructor does and voila, instant masterpiece. He does teach basics which we can transfer to water color. In water color we are working on contrasting colors. But first you have to sketch your subject.  I've learned very quickly I have to observe the detail.  At least I've nailed shading. Lol. Brian on the other hand sketches very well. Hidden talent. :).  

Michael Jackson, "I Can't Help It". Written by Stevie Wonder. Love this song. We went to a meeting to get an explanation of what's going on with the agreements with the City's pension and the bankruptcy and it might affects us. I may go into it later. Let's just say some of the suggestions will be automatically litigated.  Some just made us say, "WTF?  Are you kidding?"   Ugh.  

Then of course I have dialysis Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  That takes up my time from when I wake up, 5 AM to when get home, around 11:30 AM.  We may be able to run errands after treatment IF I feel ok. Some days treatment just wears me out. We also have water aerobics.  Some days I can't even go to water aerobics because I am too tired from dialysis.  *sigh*. 

Kem, "You're On My Mind". There's also the packing.  That's a daily effort. I have friends who come over on the weekends to help. I am so thankful for them and their help.  It's made the packing and removal of stuff much less daunting!!  We do have a dilemma.  Lots of photos of people we don't know.  Lol. I can wrack my brain and name people I hadn't seen in 50 years, but I have no connection to them. Like mom's friends. She's gone and so are they.  What am I supposed to do with the photos? We also have a lot of cookbooks. Mom belonged to a cookbook of the month club or something. Lol. It's interesting to see the history of cooking.  The difference from the 50s, 60s and 70s and now. 

 I need to attend a memorial service this week. The youngest daughter of one of a friend and former coworker died suddenly over the past weekend. The funeral is the day before Mother's Day.  We had just talked a few weeks ago.  As a matter of fact, her husband was on dialysis.  That was the first time I had heard of dialysis. I'm thinking this was in the late 90's.  Anyway.  It just makes me wonder why I'm still here and this young lady is not.  My friend is a good friend. She is a good person. She was a great mentor to me when we worked together.  I will be there to let her know I care.  

On a lighter note, the oldest daughter of my namesake "daughter" is graduating and I've been invited to graduation activities. I'm going.  Baby girl got a scholarship Alabama State University!  I'm so proud of her and her mom. :)  

Well that's it for today.  I still have the NKFM zoo walk and I'm doing that. I need to go visit my Wendell.   I'm hearing he's getting better. I want to back to Honeybee La Colmena market. They have the best salsa and homemade chips.  Yumm.  Also to get some more chorizo to make Brian some more chorizo mac and cheese...with cojito cheese. Again, yumm!!!  Yes, yes, my labs were good. Remember, everything in moderation. :-)

Signing off with Average White Band, " A Love Your Own". So tomorrow it's gonna be 78 degrees!!  Eh, we're looking at the weather in Champaign and it's 20 degrees warmer there than here. Shawn apparently is down south.  Lol lol.  

Oh yeah . The links are to our NKFM Zoo walk progress pages. If you've donated, you will see that the funds have been applied. If you have donated thank you so very much for helping to fight kidney disease. Love you much!!  <3. 


No comments:

Post a Comment