Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, August 1, 2014

The "Its Been a Week", edition.

iPad shuffled to "Going in Circles", The Friends of Distinction.  I apologize for the poorly written entry on Wednesday. I went back to read it later and I was embarrassed. All I can say is some days are better than others.

Last week this time ( Eastern or Pacific ?)   No matter. 6:05 AM EST I was on my way to dialysis. Or 6:05 AM PST equals 9:05 AM EST.  I was at dialysis. Lol  whatever.  Well, I'm at dialysis now. Getting settled in to my new treatment center. I'm driving myself to treatment. Brian is just a little distressed that I'm doing that. He's been driving me for over a year, my helicopter husband. It's ok, though. He knows where I'm going here, how far it is from home and my route. I kinda like going by myself. It is a matter of how functional I am. Here at this center, at least first shift, it appears most patients have transportation, rather than drive themselves. 36 chairs and about 10-11 cars in the parking lot. 

Chaka Khan, "Feel For You".  If I tried that opening rap, my tongue would tie up in knots.  At the center, several of the staff not only remember me, they asked about Dad. :)  My tech is nice. I'm getting used to the differences.  At first I thought I had to be called back to the treatment area, but I can go into the treatment area when I arrive.  Apparently that's what first shift patients can do. Hooray for first shift!!!  I met and talked with my nurse the first day.  I signed a cartload of papers. I met my nephrologists physician's assistant on Wednesday.  I still have to meet my social worker, dietician or nephrologist.  

"Ready or Not", The Delphonics.  I still don't know what a Delphonic is. Anyone?  I was told the nephrologist comes around once a month. ;-/  My neph at my old center was there every Wednesday like clockwork. He just had a birthday. He's 80. I'll miss him. He was a character, but he was compassionate. He was invested in me trying to get to Vegas before Mom died. He informed me about my dialysis options. He was like that with all of his patients. He was also the neph for my partner. :)  I've digressed.  I've been told my new neph is nice. We'll see. He's got some big shoes to fill. :)

Terry Callier, "Ordinary Joe".  I didn't elaborate on the sunrise on the last entry.  The apartment is on the 2nd floor of a 5 story building and faces east. Understand that there are not many high rise buildings in Vegas, except for the strip. And Vegas is in a valley surrounded by mountains.  In addition, the city goes downhill toward the east. From the windows in the apartment I can see the mountains to the east with no obstructions.  In addition at night I can see the lights of the city all the way to the foot of the mountains.  I just got interrupted by my dietician. No takeaway. Dietician is dietician. Don't eat this, watch that. Blah blah blah. She is nice and enthusiastic. She did have some solutions about the wretched Medicare donut hole drugs.  But I'll be out of the donut hole after the August refills. :-D  Oh yeah. I have one  prescription that will cost less at Walmart.  That makes me kinda ragey because I'm not a Walmart shopper. Dilemma. 

Stevie Wonder, "Send One Your Love". Hadn't heard this in a while. Pretty song. It's nice to rediscover music and artists. :)   Back to sunrise. The sun comes over the mountains with a spectacular spray of colors.  On dialysis days, the sun is still not up, but it's trying, making the sky glow with pre sunrise colors. 

Jackson 5, "Maybe Tomorrow". I loved this song in 1973.  I still like it. You know I'm still and will always be a Jackson 5/ Michael Jackson fan. I am not ashamed!  Finally, my center in Detroit was on the lower level. I called it the dungeon.  That was based on location alone. The staff were not dungeon masters.  Lol. This center is a single story facility  with windows. I might complain that I'm not by a window, but I have a slight obstructed view of several windows. It clearly brightens up the place. 

Signing off with "Super Woman (Where Were When I Needed You), Stevie Wonder. I'm counting down the days before Brian joins me. I miss him, but we talk and text often. My family is spread out across the country.  We're in different time zones. :-(  That's life, isn't it. Life is good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment