Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, August 4, 2014

The "It's Monsoon Season. Huh???", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Delphonics, "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time).  Produced by Thom Bell. You know, the Stylistics guy. He worked with the Delphonics before the Stylisyics.  Ok. Monsoon season. What hadn't anyone told me about this before?  I thought I was in the desert. Harrumph!  Dad sort of mentioned it last Sunday. And it did rain, there were flash flood warnings and there was heavy flooding in the mountains.   Flash flood warnings all week. My Android keeps sending me warnings. Some nights I'd see impressive lightning to the east.  Well yesterday it finally rained where we are.

"Luck Be a Lady", Frank Sinatra. Look, I like Frank's voice.  I like the horns, the big band. I like the arrangement, the beat and the tempo.  I drove to the grocery store. Yes it was....raining. I used the 3rd setting on the intermittent windshield wipers. Lol.  It was also 79 degrees!!!  I stepped out side and felt....not chilly but I had been getting acclimated to 100+ degrees. Lol.  The weather was pretty much like that the rest of the day. Last night was another story. The lightning was closer. And it rained. It was pelting the windows.  This morning it was a steady rain, but it was kinda light.  Dad reminded me that the roads get slippery from the water  and oil and Las Vegans aren't the best drivers in the rain. 

Chicago, "Call on Me". I leave for treatment at 5:15 AM. The traffic is light. And with the exception of Desert Inn, traffic is exceptionally light on the streets I take to get to the center. ( I'll tell you about Desert Inn Road/Street/Freeway one day. ). When I drive on Valley View, I'm the only vehicle, all the way from Deset Inn, about 4 miles. Right now I've got the news on and there are many accidents due to the rain on the freeways. Really?  Lol. Vegas freeways are treacherous on a normal day. Wet roads apparently make the drivers lose their minds. Anyway, when I left home this morning, the skies to east were clear, but it was still raining where I was. It's supposed to rain the rest of the day. 

Where I live there are 3 (chain) grocery stores within a 2 mile radius!  Being from Detroit where there few chains in the city, I'm giddy!  And yet none measure up to a Meijers.  Lol. Sidetrack note.  Apparently I downloaded a version of George Clinton's Atomic Dog with Coolio rapping. I like it!  Back to the story.  I still have a few more grocery stores to hit up. Oh yeah, at one, Smith's, were a Kroger products.  And on a radio commercial, I heard the same music as the Kroger music. It was a Smith's commercial. Lol. There are also Hispanic chains. I'm gonna try those also.  I liked shopping at the Hispanic markets in Detroit. Dad and the dietician said produce is less expensive at those supermarket.  If only I could find Ekrich Smokey Links. :-(

The Roots, "What They Do". Like watching them on the Jimmy Fallon Show.  Haven't been able to stay up late enough here yet.  The older I get, the longer it's taking to adjust to the time zone change.  The other day I realized my family is scattered over 3 time zone. Brian is in Eastern, Shawn is in Central and I'm in Pacific. *sigh*. She coordinated a 3-way call with our cell phones yesterday. We think she's a technical wizard.  Lol. 

Signing off with Teena Marie, "Portuguese Love". I miss my friends and family. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment