Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, August 18, 2014

The "Now That Was a Fine Weekend", edition.

iPad shuffled to Chicago, "Call on Me". Horns. :)  Brian and I flew to Denver Saturday morning. We were invited to the wedding of Christa and Aaron.  Ok ok. I need to back track don't I?  It goes back to at least 1997. Remember when I told you about how I play online video games?  I'm going to have to and find that entry. Long story short.  My online virtual friends became real life friends. How does that happen?  While questing tou talk (type). Sometimes while playing life interrupts. You go away from the keyboard, AFK.  You come back and explain why you left. Maybe the coffee was ready. Maybe the phone rang. Maybe the cat chased a snake across the porch.  You know.  Life. And you explain why you were AFK. Then you might ask where your partners are from. In my case the were all from places I wasn't planning on going. Lol. Minneapolis, Winnetka, CA, St Joseph, MO, Florida, Australia(!).

Well one day announced I was going to Florida for business. Disney World to be exact!  The friend from Florida, Jacksonville, I think, offered to meet me at the hotel. We met, spent the day together and had a great time. I need to add this was in the 90s and most of didn't have digital cameras or scanners. We had to give descriptions of ourselves before I left. (No wifi). From that point the travel started for all of us. Whenever I'd go to Las Vegas , the California people would come to Las Vegas go meet us. They even spent Thanksgiving Dinner with us. We found we had more in common that we ever realized.  We sound like we'd been seperated at birth. Even our husbands were police officers.  They were invited to my parents 50th anniversary party. And they came!!  Also at one point, all us met in Las Vegas...not the Australians, but the rest of us.  We had a ball!! 

 Beyoncé, "Love on Top". We know how our kids are doing.  One day I'm told Christa is getting married. I get the invitation. Yes, I know Christa lives in Denver. I'm not surprised the wedding is there. It's also smack dab in the middle of us trying to move. The wedding was also the catalyst to set the date we moved to Las Vegas.  I didn't want to fly from Detroit to Denver and back. Then fly to Vegas.  I moved  to Las Vegas on July 25.  Brian came out 2 weeks later. We left for Denver one week after Brian arrived. :-)  

Kool Moe Dee, "Wild Wild West".  I'll tell more on the next entry. What's my dialysis twist? Ugh. I have several of them.  The first is I didn't want to dialyze on this trip.  Was smart of me.  I'll tell you why later. Anyway. I'd scheduled the trip before I moved and knew what my schedule was like.  We left Saturday morning. This was fine as I had treatment Friday morning. My return time was Monday at 1:30 PM. This meant I'd miss my 5:45 AM time.  I requested and received a later chair time. In other words, I arrived here for dialysis directly from the airport.  With about 10 minutes to spare!!  Explains the late entry :-)

Signing out with The Jackson 5, "Looking Through the Windows". Have a great evening!  I'm hungry. I'll be getting off about 10:00 PM EST.  7:00 PM my time though.  Lol. And we had to deal with mountain time. We're really not sure what time it is anymore!!!!!   Lol.  


No comments:

Post a Comment