Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, August 15, 2014

The "So Much Time. So Little To Do. Not", edition.

iPad shuffled to Stevie Wonder, "Go Home".  Thanks to Willie Wonka for today's title.  One of my favorite movies. I still want to go into that room of candy. I want a butter cup. :)  Can you believe it's been 3 weeks since I moved?  We've got some routines like dialysis, of course.  Dad has some routines that he pulled us into.   But we still have things to do to settle in. The china hutch from the dining room is gone. The dresser from the bedroom is gone. That opened up a lot of space. We removed some of the decorative items. We still have 2 (quite full) curio cabinets to empty and remove. And even though dad got rid of all of the china, there are at least 24 regular dinner place settings in the kitchen cabinet.  *sigh*.

Jill Scott and Jeff Bradshaw, "Slide".  So now that we've removed those large pieces of furniture, what are we going to do with that space?  Well we need to get 2 desks for our computers and something akin to a little office space for both of us. After much measuring and thought, we purchased two desks and a snazzy looking bookcase for the printer to put against the wall that held the massive china hutch.   The area we cleared out in the bedroom will be my setup for home hemodialysis. (Thought I forgot about that, didn't you?  More on that later).   We're discussing more changes. Mom was old school, so the living room was a for company only living room. Now that there are 3 people in the apartment, we need to spread out. We'll be getting new furniture and doing a new layout to make it a living area.  But we have time to get that done. 

The Dramatics, "Welcome Back Home".  Ok this center has wifi.  I have to sign in to the guest network. That's fine.  Except while I'm typing the blog, it times out on me. Often. Grrrrr.  Got a concert coming up in September, a Soul Fest.  The Stylistics, The Three Degrees, The Chi-Lites and wait for it. The Dramatics!!!! Yes I know it's not the original, but it is LJ Reynolds. Ok.  I've gone off track.  My wifi problem.  I think if I save more often, I won't get timed out.  It gets real annoying having to log in to the portal every 1/2 hour. :-(  

Missy Elliot, "Work It". I finally met with my social worker. I had to answer a lot of questions. You know. An assessment. Anyway, my take away was 1-I'm a great candidate for Home Hemodialysis (HHD). And 2-I can transfer my eligibility for transplant here. Not only that, the wait list is 18 months in Nevada  versus 3-5 years in Michigan. And damn. I just remembered I forgot to fill out the form. I'll have it by Monday. That was great news!!!  She suggested if I get to moving, the transplant could occur before the training for HHD is complete.  We'll see. ;)

Finally, Brian and I are heading to Denver this weekend for the wedding of a good friends daughter.  I've never been to Denver. Am looking forward to it. Oh yeah. Mike and Ethelene are still in town. Mike, Brian and I will be riding on the world's highest Ferris wheel today!  

Signing out with John Legend, "Used To Love U". "Holla holla holla". The car was supposed to be delivered yesterday evening. I'm not panicking yet. You know how you have to hold yourself in check?  That's where I am. Have a fabulous weekend!!!! 



1 comment: