Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, August 8, 2014

The "Brian is Arriving Today!!", edition

iPad shuffled to Barry White, "I'm Gonna Love You a Just a Little More". Who doesn't like Barry White?    Before I get to Brian I want to do an update on the treatment center.  It's a 40 chair center. It's larger than the other Davita centers I've visited, but still not as large as my previous center. Some things are the same some are different. I don't think anything is necessarily better than the other...just different.  Then again Northwest Detroit Dialysis Center (NDDC) my benchmark.

I've yet to meet my nephrologist here.  At NDDC I saw my doctor every week. Every Wednesday he walked around that corner around 9:00 AM like clockwork. When he was out of town, he had his associates cover his rounds. Here, I've met three physician assistants who tell me my new nephrologist is really nice and good. I can't tell you if he is. I haven't meet him. Plus I've been told he comes once a month.  And so far the physicians assistants just talk a lot, but I'm not getting any action ( lol. I didn't know how else to word that ).  I have a meeting scheduled with my cars team next week. That'll be fine. 

Tavares, "Remember What I Told You". My nurse is nice. She reminds me of a tech at NDDC, Evelyn. I've yet to meet a social worker. At my previous center, we all had access to all of the social workers.  I'd like to talk with one. I want to start the process for home hemodialysis.  I'm not really complaining. I'm just getting adjusted to my new center and the processes. The staff here are nice. The dietician was eh, but then again who wants to hear someone tell you what you can and cannot eat and "gently" let you know your labs are a bit high....and it's your own fault anyway. Lol. Finally I've got an odd phenomena to relate. My fluid intake is less out here on the desert. I'm coming in with less water weight gain here than in Detroit. Maybe I'm more cognizant of my intake. You might suggest I'm perspiring more.  Perhaps. But I'm not outside that long. Lol. Whatever. It's working. :-)

Brian is arriving this evening!!! Hooray. The last of the furniture was removed yesterday evening. The house is empty except for the appliances and some items the buyer requested. What did they request?  I'll tell you. Some of it makes me chuckle. But they got no argument from us.  Ok.  He wants the piano. When the prospective buyer came to look at the house, he saw the piano he sat down and started playing while his family was looking at the house. Lol. He wanted the microwave. He wanted the dinette in the breakfast room. That was already gone when we got the offer. Finally he wanted the desks and chairs in the basement.  We were ok with everything.  Brian was relieved he didn't have to move the desks. One was one of them was an old 60's style office desks he got from a City of Detroit surplus sale. My former coworkers know exactly what I'm talking about. Those things are sturdy and heavy as hell. Lol. 

Funkadelic, "Standing on the Verge of a Getting It On". Ha. When was the last you heard that?  Last night Brian had to stay in a hotel. I called him homeless.  Utilities have been shut off. The car is on it's way.  We've dropped the microphone. He boards the plane with a one way ticket. We said we were moving to Las Vegas!  The time has come. :-).  I'm loving it here and it will be just that much better when I see Brian heading toward the luggage carousel at McCarran Airport. I'm so excited!!!!   And yes, you know I'll have extremely fond memories of Detroit. However I won't miss waking up to 10  inches of snow.  Or driving down wagon wheel ruts to get off the side streets.  Lol. 

Signing off with The Guess Who, "Undun".  My family has left Michigan. My child has officially become a resident of Illinois. She'll be there several years while works on her doctorate degree ( sorry I just get insanely proud of her when I say that. I always try to tone it down ).  Brian and I will become residents of Nevada.  I'm looking forward to this. :-). Have a fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment