Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The "It's Thursday and I'm at Dialysis. What???", edition.

iPad shuffled to L.T.D., "Love Ballad". It's Thursday and I'm right back at dialysis. What's up with that? Especially since I had a low blood pressure incident yesterday. 104/37. The BP was OK while I was reclining and when I sat up.  But oh boy, when I stood up. I felt it. What a time. I got put on early and got off a half hour early. All that beautiful extra time was negated on recovering from low BP.  This is the first time it happened at the Las Vegas clinic. Bah. The good news is I alerted the tech immediately, who in turn notified my nurse.  I received the saline and eventually returned to normal. It took most of the day to really feel better. At breakfast I put salt on my grits because I felt like I was with fighting my blood pressure.

Average White Band, "If I Ever Lose This Heaven".  So I'm right back here the next day. You must think I'm a glutton for punishment.  Well no. I'm going out of town tomorrow. For the weekend. I didn't want to go 4 days without treatment. I know what it feels like with an overload of fluid. I'm not trying to feel like that again.  Especially if I'm out of town or have to fly.  Ugh. So between yesterday and today I gained one kilogram of fluid. And that's being very cognizant of what I'm taking in. At this rate I'll gain 4 kilos over the weekend. :-(  I can tolerate removing no more than 2.8 kilos.  Sigh. Let's see how it goes. I'll report on Monday my total gain. I bet I'm the only woman you know who will discuss her weight gain!!!  Lol.  

Tavares, "Check It Out". On a brighter note, my home hemo training will start in about 2 months. Yay!!! Also I think I told you, Blue Cross of Micigan kicked me out. I understand. But remember the hell I went through to get it?  And I cannot get a comparable plan in Nevada. This because of grandfathering of plans Brian and I belonged to in Michigan.  And especially because End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Oh well. I was able to enroll in a Medicare Part D plan. Reenrollment starts in October.  I'll revisit it then. At any rate, my drugs are through the dialysis provider. My bill was $700.00 less. (!). I'm good.

Finally, there is pretty much a different staff here today. Staff hours seem to be 12-14 hours on MWF or TThF.  Long days, but they work 3 days a week and not consecutive days. Of course there is always overtime and stuff. I get ridiculously cold by the end of treatment, so the Las Vegas sun feels soooo good. And that's the only time.  Lol.  

Signing off with Kem, "You're On My Mind". Tomorrow this time we're on our way to New Orleans. /excited.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment