Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The "We're Finding Our Groove", edition.

iPad shuffled to Marvin Gaye,  "What's Going On".  One of my favorite albums.  The lyrics are just as relevant today as they were when the song was released in 1971.   44 years.  "War is not the answer". "Don't punish me with brutality".  We've started to get into routines. Of course Monday's, Wednesday's and Fridays are pretty set.  Wake up at 4:00 AM, wash up, brush teeth, eat 1/2 bagel, sip some coffee, take meds, pack dialysis bag and head off to dialysis. I'll arrive at the clinic before the doors open at 4:45...most of the time. ;-)  The last 2 days I walked into the clinic just as the doors to the treatment area opened. I am on the machine on or before 5:00 AM. I dialyze for the next 3 1/2 hours. And yes, by 8:15 I'm watching the clock. I usually finish around 8:45 barring any low pressure drops. {shudder}.  

The Isley Brothers,  "Make Me Say It Again, Pts 1 & 2". I asked this before..what's the deal with the Isleys and 2 part songs?  And how do I differentiate between the parts?  Seriously.  Anyway. Does the song bring back memories?  ;-)  That's our routine. Brian wakes up, makes coffee and the bagel and drives me to treatment. Every, Single. Time. I can drive myself, but he insists. <3. After he drops me off, he may head to the gym, or back to the apartment. He may walk around the condo grounds, do chores, or take a nap. After all, he woke up at 4;00 AM. Let's think about that. He wakes up with me on my treatment days at 4 in the morning to take me to treatment.  And he's back to pick me up 4 hours later.   "What a mighty fine man!"  

Will Downing, "I Try". After treatment we go to breakfast. We rotate between Mary's Hash House, the Omelet House, Blueberry Hill.  We go to IHOP or the Egg and I if we find coupons. But I wouldn't mind the Egg and I being in our regular rotation. However, Mary's Hash House is my favorite. And yes, her hash is fantastic. She makes her own jellies (homemade apple butter, jalapeno jelly just to name a few) , her own spicy ketchup, chipotle sauce and habenero  sauce, fresh made cinnamon rolls and homemade sausage. And daily specials. After breakfast I'm ready to go home and recover from treatment. I'm not real interested in doing too much for the rest of the day.  Some days are better than others. I may go out, but no real activity. So that's pretty much Monday Wednesday and Friday. But wait. What about Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday?  

Phyllis Hyman, "When You Get  Right Down to It".  We started painting yesterday. The class is in the afternoon. But we usually go to the gym around 2-2:30. Well not now. We got there around 9:30.  The work out is just under 1 1/2 hours..for now. The time is still increasing as we get used to working out. After working out, we come home, eat a light mid morning meal, do chores, maybe I'll take a short nap. Then it's time to head for painting. 2 1/2 class. That's a workout in itself. Lol. Get home fix dinner. That's a full day. 

Stevie Wonder, "Go Home".  We're filling our days with more activities.   Settling in, if you will.  And enjoying life.  This is a continuation of normalizing life after my kidneys failed. Brian pushes me and that's fine. He's played a huge role in my recovery and my attitude. He doesn't like invitations to my pity parties so he won't let me have the pity party to begin with. lol. ;-(     :-D  Anf finally, for whatever reason, life feels so much more relaxed out here.  I don't know why, but that works for me.  

Signing off with Mary J. Blige, "My Life". We're wearing jackets now. At one point Detroit was warmer than Las Vegas,   However, that's not the norm. Hahaha. Sorry!  It's hump day.  Make it a good day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment