Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The "It's Thanksgiving!! Almost...."

Ipod shuffled to Earth, Wind and Fire, "That's The Way of the World". Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it. I think it's because it's a time to celebrate and a time to be thankful. We'll have a traditional dinner with my small family and 2 close friends of Dad.  Dad will pick up Carl, who is 93. And Pauline, 95, who lives in the building will join us after she attends another dinner. ;-)   It is my absolute pleasure to serve them. Neither Carl nor Pauline have children. Brian, Shawn and I were adopted by them a long time ago. Lol. OMG. They'd slip my daughter $100 bills over the years. Often Lol. Imagine a 8 year old flush with cash. Lol.  Hey the local Las Vegas station just flashed a shot of Metro Airport..or should I say McNamara? <snicker>. 

Stevie Wonder, "Another Star". My dinner menu is solidified and cooking is planned.  Grocery shopping  happened on Saturday. Well, actually I started purchasing ingredients about 2 weeks ago.  Monday we got the mini ham and roasted turkey breast at Honey Baked Ham. 2 things about Honey Baked Ham. There was a line!  I didn't expect that. I thought that the line would start on Tuesday. That being said, the line moved quickly and I have seen it much longer. We usually go on Tuesday so it may have been more crowded yesterday and will be today. The 2nd thing is they had samples of roast turkey, smoked turkey and cranberry chutney. The chutney was delicious. And the smoked turkey was to die for. However I bought the roasted turkey.  I wasn't sure if my guests would have liked the smoked version. I will have it at Christmas dinner though!  

Guy, "Groove Me". 5:28 and yelling lady is here. I heard her over a cranked up Teddy Riley. :-(  Yesterday I fixed the potato salad. That was an all day event. We also went to Target. We needed 2 floor lamps, little snack bowls and snacks. Dad is going to pick up Carl a few hours early oh Thursday. They're gonna sit on the sofa watching football and a few glasses of wine.  I got them some nuts and Brian is making Chex Mix.  Now you ask, why do I need floor lamps?  Well since we've moved in we've been sort of remodeling the apartment.  Some things needed to be readjusted for me and Brian. Like placement of our computers. Also I wanted to open up the living room as a living space. It was a company/guest space. We moved out a lot of stuff. Well actually everything is gone except one floor lamp. So many floor lamps because there is no lighting in there.  I purchased a modular sofa with a chaise (!) and a sleeper sofa. I removed the sofa, love seat, coffee table, end tables and the big ass lamps. The room opened up and looks so different!!!  So anyway. That's the floor lamps. Lol. 

The Dramatics, "In The Rain".  I put the Thanksgiving decorations on the door. I bought some orange poinsettias. Orange!!  But I forgot the tablecloth. We'll get that today. I'll do the green beans and dressing today. Dad gets to snap the green beans!!!  It's coming together. And then on Monday I start the Christmas planning. Lol.  On the dialysis front, the clinic will be open on Thanksgiving. That doesn't have to happen. We have modified schedules for Christmas and New Years. It doesn't take any more effort for to do it for Thanksgiving. That really sucks for the patients and staff. Some staff will have a 12-16 hour day tomorrow. ;-(   

Signing out with Bruno Mars, "Uptown Funk", my new favorite song. I just need to play it until I tire of it. Lol. Saw him on Saturday Night Live with Mark Ronson and Mystikal. Lol. Brian and I were in bed and started dancing. Bruno and his group look like a funked  up 21st century version of Morris Day and the Time.  Photo of new sofa.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And yeah I'm niot shopping on Friday. Black Friday took on a whole meaning. Bah. Having trouble transferring photo. Instead here's a photo of my new dog. Yeah I can't have a real dog so this will have to do. I'm still trying to name her. Lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment