Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, November 28, 2014

The "Thanksgiving Post Mortem", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Dells, "Stay in My Corner". Nice soothing start to the morning. The day after Thanksgiving, 5:09 AM. I arrive at the clinic at 4:40, the doors to the treatment area open at 4:45. Yay!! They've been opening the treatment area doors late. But not today!!  I'm hooked up before 5:00. I got my ice, the TV is on and set to closed caption.  Closed caption so I can have my music and read the the TV if something catches my attention.  Heh. And enjoying the few moments before yelling lady arrives.  

The Dramatics, "Door To Your Heart". The day after.  The aftermath. The post mortem of Thanksgiving. The conclusion of Thanksgiving Day?  A good time was held by all. The cooking schedule worked out very well. The most labor intensive was the potato salad. However, Brian was my sous chef and that made life so much easier.  All the vegetables were chopped and used as needed. Onion, celery and green pepper was used in the potato salad and the dressing. He also helped peeling the potatoes for the potato salad and the candied sweet potatoes. He peeled the eggs. And he boiled the shells for the macaroni and cheese. And Dad?  He snapped 4 pounds of green beans, got the ice and filled the water glasses!  

The Temptations, "Hey Girl I Like Your Style".  The potato salad was finished Tuesday evening. Wednesday, I took a nap after treatment. I wasn't as washed out.  It may have been adrenaline and anticipation. Anyway. I took a nap and we ventured out around 2:00.  I forgot to get a tablecloth and realized I needed boullion. We made a quick trip to Target. And also got some Moscato (yum) and toilet paper. You gotta get toilet paper when you're at Target.  Oh yeah. We picked up snack stuff for Dad and Carl. Earlier in the day, Dad snapped the green beans. While the green beans were cooking, I prepared the dressing and got that in the oven. After the dressing finished, Brian made his Chex mix going. House smelled good!!  Lol. 

Santana, "Black Magic Woman".  Got up Thursday morning. Put on the sweet potatoes. Watched the Lions. Megatron!!!  Joique Bell!!!  And listened to the announcers tell us how good Stafford is.  Enjoyed the win. Peeled the sweet potatoes. Candied them up. Had the apartment and hallway smelling like heaven.  Dad set up the living room for him and Carl. Dad picked him about 2 hours before dinner so they could chill. See photo below. Dad had champaign and Brian and I provided the snacks. They even absconded with some of the cheese for the macaroni and cheese.  Lol. 

Dinner was served at 4:00 on the dot and the cook and sous chef were not worn out!!  Hooray for planning. Except... I made way too much food. Lol.  I need to scale it waaaay down. We sent Carl  home with enough leftovers for several meals!  :-)   Another friend of Dad and Carl dropped by.  She had another dinner to attend, but she wanted some potato salad. And she lives in the building. Pauline,  Dad and Carl had a great time. I think I mentioned that the 3 of them are the lone survivors of a group of 25 retired couples that socialized together.  Pauline is 95, Carl is 92 and Dad is 88 7/12. Lol that's what he says. The three of them are still going strong and still quite active. Dad and Pauline still drive. 

Whitesnake, "Here I Go Again".  It was a wonderful day. It was my absolute pleasure to serve them. Brian drove Carl back home. We let Dad, Carl and Pauline enjoy their champaign. ;-)   Carl called and thanked us for the dinner. I told him to expect more invitations as we enjoyed his company. Yesterday was just a wonderful day. And yeah, we crashed afterward. Lol. 

 Signing off with Larry Graham and Graham Central Station,  "The Jam".  So the dialysis clinic is in a building across the street from a mall. It's actually on like the mall property or something. We get here at 4:40. AM. Sears parking lot is pretty full and I can see Macy's looks kinda full also. I've been told by the patients that the parking will overflow into the clinic parking lot by the time we got out.  And I leave around 8;45 AM. We'll see. I'll let you know Monday. And finally I'm not shopping today, Black Friday.  Then again I rarely did  before  my kidneys failed. And a mall is the last place I want to be after treatment. And finally, yelling lady is here, but she's hoarse. She's  still incredibly loud. Eh. 
Have a great weekend. And I'm gonna enjoy me some leftovers. I'm drooling now!!!  Lol. Photos of Carl, Pauline and Dad, Carl and Dad, Brian, Carl and Dad, and the dinner table before attacked it. Yeah I know, no photos of me. Eh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment