Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, November 21, 2014

The "Today We Celebrate 27 Years of Being Married", edition.

  Ipad shuffled to Al Green, "Love and Happiness". Honest it shuffled there all by itself. :)  Ah. I was thirsty this morning. I try not to drink much before I go to treatment. It adds to the dry weight. But after we weigh, we can get cups of ice and water. The ice is my vice of choice. Little cubes of soft (sort of) crunchy ice. Not thirsty anymore. So yeah. Brian and and I were married on November 21, 1987 at St. Cyprian Episcopal Church in Detroit on the corner of 28th and Milford.  We'd been meeting with the minister of the church, but he died. We got transferred to Bishop Mayson. Yep. An Episcopal bishop offiated at our wedding. Well yelling lady is in full force at 5:24. Home training cannot start soon enough. 3 patients have already transferred shift or day. Yes. The yelling is that bad and disruptive. 

Amel Larrieux,  "Get Up". Brian and I first met in the fall of 1983 at a party of a mutual friend. I was introduced to him in passing. The following January I was registering for a class at Wayne State. This guy comes up to me and asks if I remember him and we had met at the friend's party and introduced himself.  "Oh yeah. Nice to see you again. Bye". Lol. I was not impressed. But then he seemed to be in a lot places I'd go to on campus. One day I saw him near the library and realized he also saw me.   I have a blind friend, Nino, who had an office in the library. I was on my way to visit him.  I raced in to Nino's office, closed the door and explained I was trying to disappear from this guy. I told Nino that this guy seemed be wherever I was. Nino looked sympathetic as someone knocked on the door. Nino gives me an evil smile and hollers, "Come in". ;-(   Brian sticks his head and says he though he saw Pat come in here. Nino says yeah. She's here. Thanks friend. To this day, Nino claims he was a matchmaker. And yes, I still love Nino like crazy!!!  Lol. 

Cream, "Sunshine of Your Love".  Gotta love Clapton. Well, I wasn't meant to avoid Brian. We were taking the same computer class. Meeting him in the computer lab was inevitable. Then the smarty pants asked for help on a project. Long story short, he thanked me by taking me to a baseball game. Yep. A 1984 Tigers game. Hey, Eric Clapton completely drowns out yelling lady. The Tigers had a game the night before that gone into extra innings. A lot. Maybe it finished after 18 innings?  We went the game the next day and I had a really nice time. That summer we went to quite a few games. Hey. This Brian guy is really nice. But we remained just friends. He stayed in the friend zone for a looooong time. Lol. 

Mariah Carey, "Shake it Off".  We remained good friends through both us being employed by the City. He became a Detroit Police Officer. I worked in Police Communications. We actually trained at the Police academy at the same time. He invited me to his graduation from the academy in the fall of 1985 and I went. It was a pretty impressive ceremony. They had the new officers walk across the stage. I saw Brian in his police uniform. And it hit me. I was in love. :-/  I really didn't see that coming.  I kept it to myself.  

Beyonce, "Crazy in Love". Flash forward to early 1986. Brian played basketball on his precinct team. The games were in a gym at headquarters. Since I worked in the building I went to see him play during one of my breaks. I took a coworker with me. During a break, he and a teammate came over to say  hi and he introduced me as his girlfriend.  Lol. My friend snapped her head and looked at me in surprise. I looked back at her with surprise. Lolol. That was news to me!!!  Lol.  I've asked Brian when did he decide I was his girlfriend and when was he going to tell me? Anyway, after about a year after that, we got engaged..in January of 1987. The wedding took place November 21, 1987. Of course I left a lot out. But perhaps I'll tell it another day. ;-)

I've ordered Shawn's Thanksgiving dinner.  She's going to make potato salad for her contribution to where she's been invited for dinner.  Yes, the family potato salad recipe. Made by my grandfather, my mom, me and now my daughter.  <proud mom>. Lol. We could not not learn. We watched and helped to make the potato salad all our lives. We've learned by osmosis. Lol. 

Signing out with Michael Jackson, "Butterflies". Yeah, Brian still gives me butterflies <blush>. We're heading to Lawry's for Prime Rib on Saturday. And consider this. 2 years ago for our 25th anniversary, I was recovering from the near death event failure of my kidneys.  I couldn't even leave the house. :-(  Let's all live our lives to the fullest. We have no idea what tommorrow will bring. Make your life happy!!!  Have a wonderful weekend!!! 

Oh yeah. One day I'll go through the CDs with the wedding photos. These will have to do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment