Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The "Wonderful Wednesday", edition.

Ipod shuffled to Tamia, "You Put a Move on My Heart".  Well, hopefully it'll be a wonderful Wednesday. Tuesday was pretty good. Monday was fairly ok also. My tech is on vacation. The techs here appear to be more stressed than in Detroit but I have my theories. The biggest difference is the for profit aspect of the dialysis center here. The idea of making a profit and time saving efficiencies vs patient care are quite obvious here. I'm still in the queue got home hemo training. Life should be a lot better when it starts. 

Roy Ayers, "You Send Me".  Let's backtrack to Monday. I have a substitute tech. He is not a stranger to me. Techs go to him for advice, assistance or call for him when they have a questionable stick or for problem solving. Patients sometimes ask for him. He can solve the problem. And he wore a fireman uniform for Halloween. :-)  Boots, pants and all. Under that hot protective gear.  And yes, he nailed my not as super special as they had been accesses. ;-)   My session went fine until he took my standing blood pressure. Here we go again. Actually just before my time was up, I felt the warm flush. My ears get hot. But my sitting BP was normal. But standing, it dipped to 94/65. :-(  He wanted the top number to be over 100.  And then I needed to sit for a few minutes. When the standing BP was taken it normalized. I'm good with catching the BP while it drops to prevent the full on crash. I hate that feeling of knowing I'm on the way to losing consciousness. A week or so ago, my tech saw the drop as it was occurring and immediately gave me a hit of saline. Anyway that was lowlight of Monday. The rest of the day was fine. 

Steve Miller Band, "Jet Airliner". Tuesday was Veterans Day. My dad served in the Navy in the South Pacific. I have to find the photograph of him in a tropical paradise with a parrot on his shoulder. Lol. He mentioned he enlisted when he was 18 and that had been 70 years ago. The he chuckled about trying to remember that far back. He also said that the church honored its veterans and asked them to stand. He was the oldest vet and the only one from WWII. Remember. He's 88 1/2. And he won't let me forget the 1/2.  :-D  I did post a photo of my handsome nephew in front of a tank on Facebook yesterday.  He's in the army.  I'm very proud of him. Lol. I'm proud of all of my nephews. 

The Five a Heartbeats, "Nothing But Love". Lol. One of the best scenes in the movie. Eddie King, Jr. and Choirboy.  So you know that I've been whining about not having Westborn out here. Well I kept seeing a commercial about a market that has been voted the best grocery store in Vegas for the last 3 years.  But I'd never seen it during our explorations.  I googled it. I had to pull up a full map. I was familiar with the cross streets, but sure enough we'd never been in that area! The Southwest. And there is only one. Not a chain. 

Mark Ronson featuring Lily Allen,  "Oh My God".  So after we worked out ( It was legs and glutes day and I whined on the treadmill but I'm still increasing my time and pace...I digress), we headed to the store, Glazier's market. It was a nice little drive and route had a lot of new development. And in Las Vegas fashion, the road went from 4 lanes to 2 lanes with desert encroaching to 6 lanes...rinse, wash, repeat. We finally got to an area that was quite populated and found the store.  It was beautiful!!  It was huge!!!  We ran into a grocery store quite similar in Springfield, Illinois. It had everything. Cheese department, bakery, ready to eat foods, a sausage counter (they make their own sausage). A restaurant with a piano and an extensive wine area. They even had seafood stock!!!  <3  I'm a happy Pat!!  Yeah it's out there, but that's fine. The drive is worth it!!!

Signing out with The Doors, "Light My Fire".  I am enjoying the workouts. I guess I've been physical most of my life. Involved in sports, basketball, softball, bowling, golf, riding dirt bikes, swimming,  coaching.  I'd never like exercising. Running was the most boring thing ever. But the treadmill?  I love it. Lol. And the weight machines just seem to be a challenge I need to beat. I've increased weights and reps on most. Some machines are more challenging, but I'm going to beat them!!! Rawr! !!!!!  Lol.  You got  my dialysis angle today so I'm out of here!!    Let's have a wonderful Wednesday!!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment