Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, November 15, 2013

The "Random Thoughts of Friday", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Pump It Up", MC Hammer. "Identify snakes".  A little sampling of James Brown.  I'm hot right now. After a little while, I'll probably get cold.  Life in the dialysis chair.  Ugh.  My machine has the beeps this morning. Not sure what the problem is. :-(  It's the venous needle this time. My nephrologists visits us EVERY Wednesday, except that time he was on vacation, but sent his associate instead...  We talked about what happened Monday.  I had to get a fistulagram and angioplasty.  He said  consider it maintenance on the fistula.  The good news is, the procedure was minor compared to others I've had.

"Poison", Bell, Biv, Devoe". Dance song. "That girl is poison.  Never trust a big butt and a smile". ;-)  
So what is a fistulagram?  What is angioplasty?  The fistulagram is having dye inserted into your fistula to see where or if, the narrowing or blockage of the fistula is occurring. Angioplasty is having a balloon inserted into the fistula to widen the area of narrowing or blockage.  The vascular surgeon actually saw the blockage on the ultrasound in his office.  The fistulagram specified the location.  I had mild sedation, so I was aware of everything. Doc had me watching the procedure on a monitor. And now, my dialysis machine has stopped beeping. My tech is here and all is well!

"Jam on It", Newcleus. Lol. Sounds like I'm having my own private Friday morning party here. Head bob. Join me lol. " Shake your booty and scream Oh Yeah". ;-)   We've spent that several weeks dealing with the City getting rid of our health coverage. 3 meetings so far, a visit to the Social Security office, and one more today.  I'm pretty sure there'll be more. Am I freaking out?  Well yes, but as I get more information, I'm freaking out less.  I've learned more about Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D in the past week than I've ever imagined.  Brian and I can now speak (sort of) intelligently about the Affordable Care Act.   We understand the role of navigators.  The best thing is we can make intelligent decisions. 

Steely Dan, "FM", Nothing beats Donald Fagen wailing to find a note. The instrumentals are always great. The bass is strong.  Meetings have been held by the City, the retirees association, Blue Cross, and our financial advisor. The most informative was with the financial advisor, but probably because there weren't 1000 people there. Lol. Plus he brought in representatives from Social Security / Medicare and an ACA navigator.  In addition, the advisor and his staff are informed. He had this session because we, his clients, have expressed concerns. We're pretty satisfied and know what our next steps are. Plus he fed us..at Sindbad's on the river.  Good times. :-)

The Tavares, "Check it Out". Lol. Must be close to the end of the party.  The music is slowing down. Lights are getting ready to come on. Erm...watching the news. A passenger on a small plane opened a door and fell out of the plane. Why are we opening doors in planes?!!??  

Dialysis fact and issue I have.  I need to find long sleeve tops that roll up easily and loosely on my arm so my fistula can be accessed....it seems most shirts have cuffs or bands at the wrist, or don't have enough stretch to roll up past the elbow. ;-(   Someone needs to design fashionable dialysis shirts.  :)  And finally Brian is growing a beard for Men's Health Month. I finding it quite sexy. Who knew.  Lol. <3

Photo of a fistula for reference for the fistulagram and angioplasty. Signing of the last song. Well just party out the door...  "Give Up the Funk (Tear the The Roof Off the Sucker),  Parliament. "We want the funk.  Get up off the funk!!"  "We gonna turn this mother out".  Have a fabulous weekend!!!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this blog. It helps me know exactly what my mom went through. It also helps me with my own ever mounting medical problems. I'm sorry that you are having to go through what you're going through, but it helps to know that you're not the only one dealing with health issues. Stay strong, my forever friend. I love you. XOXO, V

    ReplyDelete