Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, November 22, 2013

The "I'm Enjoying My Music This Morning", edition.

iPod shuffled to "A Heart is a House For Love", The Five Heartbeats...aka The Dells. "Is there a heart in the house tonight?  Better listen to me, love doesn't come free". Still love the movie. :)  The clinic starts the Thanksgiving schedule on Sunday.  I usually go on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  The other schedule is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  The staff needs to have the holiday off.  And from what I understand other clinics disregard holidays.  Some clinics have moved the shifts to earlier hours.  So anyway, my schedule for next week is Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday.  Which means the blog will be published oh those days.  The Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday people will come on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I call it equal opportunity disruption. Lol.  I recall this last year, but the whole dialysis thing was new to me and I didn't dwell on it.

"Turn The Beat Around", Vicki Sue Robinson. Break out the Candies mules,  Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and the NikNik and Roland shirts. Hah. Took you back, didn't I?  Lol. Disco ball!!!   Someone on the dialysis facebook I frequent drew a fantasy dialysis chair. She gave me permission to use it. It's drawn from a female point of view.  I like the idea of having a pedicure while I'm imprisoned in this chair!   And a food and beverage cart would be cool. I have a heated chair.  In my travels, my center is the only one with heated chairs!  My center is the only one that uses pillows to support the access arm.  Lol. They give you as many pillows as you want. :).  Except I don't like all those pillows, but other patients go for it!   I'll put in the photo of me in the chair again. The chair also has trays attached to both sides of the chair. Of course one is to place your arm and the arm pillow.  The other holds our "stuff". 

Stuff?  What stuff?  Well for me, it holds my iPad and iPod when I'm not using them. Holds my phone, my bag of candy, and my hat (it gets cold..or I get cold and need to put on a hat). Others have their thermos, a remote control for the TV, or even extra blankets.  Aretha Franklin, "I Say A Little Prayer".  I had to grow into liking Aretha.  Once I heard her live, I wondered what the hell was wrong with me?  In my defense, recordings can not even come close to the greatness of that voice. Lol. I just stopped typing to listen to her......

Short boring entry today. Getting ready for the holiday. Shawn came in last night. Ordered the rolls from Reen's. Did you know I used to work with Reen?  She was a computer operator. She'd bake stuff and sell it to us. She left and opened the bakery.  We'd give orders and she'd deliver our goodies every other Friday. Lol. She knew our payday.  I'm still not baking a turkey.  Honey Baked has a nice size turkey breast.  I'll also get a little ham for my family.  I'll cook dressing and greens and gravy. Brian's got the mac n cheese. I'm salivating. :)  I'm saving the potato salad for Christmas with dad. It's so labor intensive, but so good. Lol. It's my moms recipe, and she got it from my grandfather. And yes, Shawn knows how to make it. Four generations!!!  Vanessa Williams, "Dreamin'". I still like this song. Her voice is lovely and well, she's just very talented.  And gorgeous. 

Ok I've reread this to try to catch errors. I'll probably catch them later. Ah well. I tried. :).  Signing off with "Got To Be There", Michael Jackson".  "Got to be there when she says hello to the world".  I'm a Michael fan and will always be. So there. :)

Have a great weekend.  I know I will. :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment