Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, January 24, 2014

The "I'm Not Fooling Myself", edition.

iPad shuffled to Marvin Gaye, "Mercy, Mercy Me".  This is from one of my favorite albums ever.  Just to make sure, I seem to be doing ok, but my status can change at the drop of a dime. Apparently I talked up a low blood pressure episode on Wednesday. ;-(  My blood pressure was trending high...averaging 170/100. Sigh. This not good.  The head nurse was concerned. I was concerned also.  She asked if she could give me something to lower the pressure. I agreed.  The pressure was still high after about 30-45 minutes. The tech had me go from reclining to sitting up....you know gravity and lowering blood pressure.

The next thing I know, a tech is waking me up.  I dunno.  I suspect I look different when my BP drops. The staff calls it immediately. Anyway, as I wake, I feel the telltale symptoms. :-(  I'm lightheaded.  I'm hot and cold and clammy all at the same time. I feel nauseous. I start rambling...with a purpose.  At least I think so.  Lol. I lift  my shirt  cause I'm hot.  And no, I'm not trying to take it off, just trying to expose some skin to the cool air.   The tech shoots my chair all the way back so I'm almost prone.  The nurse administers saline through the dialysis lines.   She's talking to me, telling me not to close my eyes and stay with her.   If you look at the photos of the dialysis machines, you'll see the saline bags hanging on the IV pole.  Sometimes the results are instantaneous. This one took a little longer. The nurse was concerned that so much saline fluid was administered that the effects of dialysis was negated. That would have sucked.  ;-(   And yes, I was frightened.  Very frightened. 

Jerry Butler, "Western Union Man". Now that's a smooth voice.  Not sure if I've heard any of songs while he was with The Impressions. I'll look later.  The good news is about 2 kilograms still came off.  Within ten minutes it was like nothing happened. I was lucid and actually felt good, despite the fact I was dying.  Yes I was dying. When my pressure drops that low, everything is slowing down. Remember, this has happened numerous times...although this one was assisted by taking the pill.  I told the head nurse on the way out and let her know what happened.  She was mortified.  Look, I'm not blaming anyone. I agreed to take the pill.  Lesson learned.  Now the high BP spikes need to be addressed. *sigh*.  

Miki Howard, "Love Under New Management".  Now that's a set of pipes!  We've hired a company to clear the house of "stuff". I counted 4 bikes in the basement in addition to my baby, the Honda CT70. Everything must go!  Fishing poles, wedding gifts we never opened, big ass Christmas tree, lots of luggage. Lots of coolers, wheelchair, crutches, walker.  And that's just a start. The bonus, though is finding the photos.  Photos I hadn't seen in over 30 years. I can't explain why they were squirreled away.  Found one of me when I was maybe 25?  A lot of my mom in her glamorous stage. She was hot!  Lol ..  If you knew her and you see these photos, you'll have a disconnect. Lol.  Unfortunately the scanner is in the basement. And the basement is cold during this polar vortex. When it warms up, I'll be a scanning fool.  :-)  All I can do is tease you with the photo of her and dad right after their wedding ceremony. 

Blackstreet, "No Diggity" while I'm editing. Lol. It's distracting because I want to sing along. "I like the way you work it".  Oh yeah, the remote thief at the clinic is at it again. ;-<  

Signing off with "Poison", Bell Biv Devoe. Admit it, you instantly want to start when you hear this song.  And my trademark...." Never trust a big butt and a smile ". Lollololololol. Roflmao. Have a wonderful weekend!!        :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment