Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, January 13, 2014

The "I Walked in the Rain With the One I Love (that's so corny-lol),edition.

iPad shuffled to "Georgy Porgy", Eric Benet and Faith Evans.  I'm averaging 4 - 4.5 hours of sleep since my kidneys failed.  This seems to be common among dialysis patients.  I'll go to bed after midnight, read for a while, then fall asleep. I'll wake up around 5AM. Very rarely will I make it to 6AM.  Well I woke up around 5 Saturday morning. I read the paper on my phone....How crazy is that?  I was pissed when the Free Press cut out daily delivery...anyway.   I read an article about a store at Eastern Market. I started thinking a trip there sounds like fun.  Sam and Dave, "I Thank You".  Soul music!  So when Brian finally wakes up, I tell him we should go to Eastern Market..shop and have breakfast there. He's on board.

I liked the idea of walking and maybe picking up some produce.  And maybe a trip to Germack. (Pistachios, Cajun mix...whatever catches our fancy). Plus, after the snow and cold of the week, cabin fever set in.  The outing was great. It was drizzling, but nothing a hat couldn't take care of. We had the shopping bags in the trunk and we were good to go!  Two sheds were open and full.  We got some mushrooms, beef jerky and red popcorn.  We then headed to Farmers Restaurant. Huge portions there. We then headed across the freeway to Gratiot Central Market. 

The beginning and the end of the overpass had vendors selling incense. I hadn't smelled that much incense since college. ;-)  lol.  The Whispers, "Don't Be Late For Love". This is one of those " go look for Brian so I can dance" songs.  After we emerged from the incense smoke, we headed into the market. Meat paradise!!!  I head immediately to the cube steaks. Brian is drawn to the roast cuts. Did I tell you Brian makes a fabulous roast beef?  No?  Well that's a story for another day. I cooked cube steaks and Brian cooked a roast earlier in the week, so we passed the beef. I saw more chittlins ( spell check didn't like that..lol ) than I've seen in a while.  Passed a pigs head , snout and ears intact. The goal was ground turkey. Mission accomplished!!

We headed back through the incense gauntlet, I'm getting tired, but we have to get to Germack. Have to!!  We get some pistachios, Cajun mix and chipotle pumpkin seeds.  Get to the car and head back home. :)

This was one of my longest walks since I lost the cane.  One thing I don't think I mentioned was during the kidney failure, plantar fasciitis set in. That was no fun. I was looking for shoes that made walking less painful...ended up with the ugliest shoes on earth. Bleah. Combined with the arthritis in the knees, walking was a chore.  Anyway, since dialysis, the foot pain is long gone. I can wear attractive shoes...still looking for comfort, but at least the shoes can look stylish. :)   My point is, I was wearing boots.  Not the most comfortable of my shoes, but I had no issues walking. None. Yay!!  The only problem was I got tired, but I just need to walk more. 

Shawn got back from Quebec City last night. I've seen the photos.  It's a beautiful city.  I was looking at the "programme" and asked about some of the symposiums. As she was explaining it, I realized that I was learning from my daughter <3.  She likes archeology, and she knows what she's talking about.  She was the only 1st year PhD candidate from her university that attended the conference, let alone do a presentation.  Anyway, this a story (another one) for another day. 

Signing off with Kool and the Gang, "Open Sesame (Part2)".  Great horns.  "I am the genie of sound.  Everybody get down!  Hah! ". Have a fabulous day!  :).  Oh yeah, check out photos of the pigs heads!!! Lol. Now you know where to get them. Rofl.



No comments:

Post a Comment