Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The "City of Detroit is Really Ticking Me Off", edition.

iPad  shuffled to "Stop, Look, Listen", The Stylistics.  " All of their US hits were ballads, graced by the soaring falsetto of Russell Thompkins, Jr. and the lush productions of Thom Bell, which helped make the Stylistics one of the most successful soul groups of the first half of the 1970s."[1] During the early 1970s, the group had twelve consecutive U.S. R&B top ten hits, including "Stop, Look, Listen", "You Are Everything", "Betcha by Golly, Wow"... " - Wikipedia.  Yep. Loved them back in the day.  I feel as if I've rediscovered them. :)

Ok, why is my former employer pissing me off?  It has to do with health insurance again. Yesterday Blue Cross was working with retirees to set up insurance plans. They were assisting those who are eligible for Medicare and those who aren't and who need to go through the marketplace. Since I'm on Medicare because of the End Stage Renal Disease, I was going to enroll in the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plan.  Ok   What does that mean?  Medicare covers 80% of the medical care. The other 20% and drugs are out of pocket. Yikes!  I need supplemental insurance. Ergo, Blue Cross Medicare Advantage.   Oh yeah, Brian breezed the marketplace and got his " Affordable Care Act" taken care of ..  At a reasonable cost. :-)

Here's your lesson for the day. Medicare consists of Parts A, B, C, and D.  The Tavares, "Check it Out". Apparently I'm being serenaded by some of the best male groups this morning to calm me down and mellow me out.  It's working.  Lol. Damn I got real distracted by that song.  Medicare Part A is the actual insurance plan. Medicare Part B is a payment I must make because I'm not 65. Medicare Part C is actually the supplemental plans offered by private insurance carriers. Medicare Part D is coverage for drugs.  The supplemental plans of a Medicare Part C offer coverage for drugs. You can also add dental  and vision. 

Now that I know I need supplemental coverage, I need to wade through various plans. Well HMO or PPO. That's a no brainer. HMO is the cheapest, but it's restrictive.  It seemed to me that with the HMO, I'd be chained to most of the state of Michigan. That won't do. I'm traveling way too much. PPO it is. 

So now back to why I'm pissed off. I go to enroll and I'm rejected. The City has me recorded as terminated. WTF ????????????????????????  The termination date is listed as the same date I was officially off the payroll. See, when you retire...well it used to be....you run out your vacation days. I had enough days to keep me on the payroll from July through October. And before you say Wow, I know people who were still on payroll for almost a year.  This caused other issues for the department, but it really wasn't my concern, since I had retired. Bwahahaha.  The expediters on site got the "typo" fixed, but then the City comes back with, well she can't enroll until June.....with no explanation why.    Again......WTF??????????????  

Well Brian and I have additional errands to run, so I attempted contact folks when I got home.  And I did...or tried.  Called 5 numbers. No one answered a -----------  phone.  /rage. /RAGE.  Lol. Need to make sure my blood pressure doesn't rise.  So I'm going to try and contact the City again today. Here's the deal....the insurance runs out February 28, 2014. We need to be rolled by February 15, 2014. I cannot afford to pay 20% of my health care for 3 months. I have dialysis treatments 3x a week at cost of approximately $2000 a shot. I get shots (drugs) every treatment in addition to my meds. I only take 3 meds, but one has a crazy price..something like $900.  Either I have some bill that rolls us straight into bankruptcy, or I die.  Thanks City of Detroit. >;-(

Heh..that certainly went longer than I anticipated.  Was gonna tell you about when Brian and I went on "The Price is Right". Another day. 

Signing off with The Persuaders, "Thin Line Between Love and Hate". Well that's timely. Not lovin' the City of Detroit at the moment.  Grrrrrrrr. You have a great day, I'm gonna try and get there.  The photos sum it up. Guess what photo represents how I feel and which photo is how I see the City?  

No comments:

Post a Comment