Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The "Idle Thoughts and Observations", edition.

iPad set to Average White Band, "A Love of Your Own".  A friend from my UM days, who was the DJ. Back in the day, DJ'ed on Facebook last night. He put out songs I swear I hadn't heard since I was in Ann Arbor.  This is one of them.  Another standout was Stanley Turrenetine. And Gene Page.  I'm playing the songs and Brian whips out his pen and paper to jot down the songs. And I'm downloading the songs. Thanks, Bill. :)

Driving to treatment this morning, we encountered some impressive water main breaks on eastbound Outer Drive.  1st was east of Wyoming.  Cars were stuck and just abandoned. The ice was just that high. The other was just east of Greenfield. A flowing, steaming river. We've already planned our alternate route back home. 

I arrived at the center.  I was the 2nd person to arrive at my module. What happened here?  Where is everybody?  Big guy was hooked up. We know sweet old lady went to the hospital last week, but don't know what's wrong. Old guy, who went to the hospital by ambulance on Monday had a really low heart rate. :(   The odd thing was he walked and talked and joked while waiting for the ambulance. Hope theyre all ok.  The other 2 finally arrived bitching (rightfully so) about their transportation.  We dialysis patients can't be at the whims of these transportation companies. IT'S LIFE  AND DEATH.  And they get paid by Medicare/Medicaid.  >:-(   

I like the new tech assigned to the module, but I don't trust her to stick me. The Dells, "Stay in My Corner".  Some techs are aware of their limitations and stop trying after the first attempt.  Other think they need to start digging and manipulating the needles.  Yeah, I don't think so. The charge nurse and another tech told me theses techs won't learn unless they try. Yeah...not on me. 

Shawn got a cat. Brian and I are cat grand parents. We hope to see the new addition of our family soon. I sent Shawn a photo of a crazy cat lady starter kit. She didn't find it amusing. Lol. Roflmao.  That's ok. I have tendencies toward crazy Westie lady. ;-)

Mom died a year ago today.  I look at it as she was set free. That last year of her was not a dignified was to live.  However she took it on stride. We'll never know how she felt about bring bedridden for a year, but I'm grateful it was just a year.  I miss her, but there are no tears. I always smile when I think of her. :)

On another note, Dad has become old lady bait. Lol. Some are really aggressive!  

I'm thinking about stopping blogging. I don't get much feedback.  On the other hand, it's nice to have a record of my life.  

Signing off with Whitesnake, "Here I Go Again". Stay warm. 



2 comments:

  1. Don't stop!!! Even though I don't comment, I read your blogs and have learned a lot from them as I'm sure other people have! It has made me more aware of the need to donate as I'm sure it has done with other people. You are making a difference in people's lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!!! I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete