Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, October 6, 2014

The "It's Been Two Months Since We Moved, Part 2", edition.

iPad shuffled to Quincy Jones,  "Cool Joe, Mean Joe (Killer Jioe)" with Queen Latifah, Tone Loc and....Nancy Wilson!  Yeah!!!  The volume goes way upon this. The instrumental is as tight as the singing.  Moving across country is more than a notion.   It's a project. We were moving from a 3600 square foot (includes the basement) house to a 1500 square foot shared space. First off we knew all furniture must go. We tried to unload furniture on Shawn when she moved to Illinois. Unfortunately it was cheaper to buy her furniture there than to ship it. Isn't that ridiculous?  We also had whatever clothes and knick knacks my parents left in the house. We had stuff from my grandparents.  And stuff from my great uncle who lived with us about 6-8 years. 

Faith Evans featuring P Diddy and Loon, "You Gets No Love". Getting rid of the clothes was easy.  That was several visits to the Salvation Army. Then we stagnated. This was in the late fall. After the holidays we tried to make an effort of throwing away stuff. There was just too much. Christmas trees, poker table, my old  motorcycle, several bicycles, 2 steamer chests, games, books, old computers, furniture, a piano and a partridge in a pear tree. Well I think there was one there. Lol. Brian was trying to clean the basement but it seemed to move slowly. And he'd spend days throwing stuff away. Well, after a little looking, we found The Junk Commander.  He cleaned the stuff out. He'd also deliver the donatable stuff to the appropriate entities and/or recycle stuff. And throw away what needed to be tossed. This started in March. After he cleaned that first room there was light at the end of tunnel. It looked like we'd actually be able to do this!  He eventually made 4 trips, one was for the garage. 

Stevie Womder, "As".  Well. The Junk Commander was great for the basement. We still had the furniture and the china. Everything in the china hutch. Everything in that buffet thing. And in the breakfast room there was an entire wall that was a built in china cabinet.  And it was full. I think we had  6 sets of China?  I had one, 2 from my grand mother. Mom had a massive Nikko Christmas collection that she built up over the years.  This is in addition to the set she got as gift from her first wedding. She also had set given to her by her godmother. And there was also the original holiday set.  That sounds like 7.  Oh yeah. Lots of stemware and flat ware. *sigh*. 

The Dramatics, "Fell For You".  Brian got some of that out and placed it on the dining room table for me to start wrapping it. Lol. I was prepared to spend the rest of my life wrapping fine china and stemware.  However, I had a surprise come my way.  One Saturday afternoon my doorbell rang.  I opened the door and saw the most pleasant, kindest, nicest person I've ever known. It was Ann Marie!!  Ok so you say that's nice. Who is she?  She worked for me about 10 years as one of my project managers.  She was the one who worked hand in hand with the Detroit Police Department. She was the one who could tell them ( when necessary ) they were idiots and they'd come to their senses and apologize to her!  Yes, she'd always have their best interests at heart, but sometimes  theyd lose sight of the big picture.  Long story short, she and her team completed the project with flying colors. Let's just say law enforcement entities now want to use/buy the application from the Detroit Police Department. She is just that good. And get this.  Getting mad is not in her repertoire. She oozes  serenity and intelligence. It always tickled me with the amount of respect she got.  I've digressed. A lot.  

Al Green, "Call Me".  Ann Marie showed up my doorstep. We've kept in touch since I retired. If you couldn't tell she is very spiritual. She stated praying and blessing me when I started getting sick. She visited me in the hospital and checked on me during my recovery. Did I mention I'd sponsor her  missionary trips to Uganda and Haiti?  I've digressed. That Saturday in April as I was started the daunting job of wrapping the china she appears. This was the first of many weekends we spent together.  I enjoy being with her. She is such a joy.   And yes, there is more to come. :-)

 Steely Dan, "Babylon Sisters".  Dialysis angle for the day.  My Wendell passed away, but the third spoke of wheel found me!  Addison!!!   We talked and talked over the weekend. He's in the southwest.  We'll get together soon. And check this out. His kidneys are failing also. That's a big WTF!  The 3 of us?  As creepy as it sounds each of us had different reasons but wow. We'd been childhood friends. Addison and Wendell were roommates at Eastern Michigan and I was down the road at University of Michigan. Just wow.  

Signing off with  George Clinton, "Atomic Dog". That bass gets ya moving!!  Ummm. It's still shorts wearing weather out here. I love ya'll back in Michigan, Ohio, and illinois, but I'm a happy camper out here. Love you!  Have a great day. Make some soup.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment