Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, October 13, 2014

The "I'm Not in the Mood, But I'm Ok", edition.

iPad shuffled to Marlena Shaw, "Go Away Little Boy".  I need more Marlena Shaw and Nancy Wilson. We don't hear voices like this anymore. Of course that's something a curmudgeon would say. I am not a curmudgeon. :-(  :-)   5:13 AM Monday morning. Welcome to my world. Very little traffic that early.  Just at the whim of the traffic lights.  And they are smart lights.  This early in the morning there isn't a wait at the lights.  One car, light turns green. 

Our weekend was quite uneventful. We usually make a list of things to do.  One thing was to register for a painting class. It's acrylic instead of watercolor. The watercolor class will be available from the UNLV College of Lifelong Learning starting in January.  I prefer watercolor, but no harm in learning acrylic. I just find it messier. Perhaps I'll learn how to make it less messier. :) 

And that's it for today. I don't feel like writing today. Yes, I feel fine.  I peeped in the rabbit hole yesterday, but I came back.  I was kinda bummed that I didn't feel well yesterday, especially since was not a treatment day, but it happens.  I just I wasted what is supposed to be a good day.  It started out ok. We went to a champaign brunch buffett. Dad likes going so we alternate who picks and pays. See, back in the day, mom and dad had a crew and they'd meet up for brunch. Easily 20-30 of them and many many more family on holidays. But that was years ago. Now there are 3 of the crew left. So our new tradition is the 3 of us. :-)  Of the other 2 of their crew, one is in our building. She and dad call each other each morning to check on each other.  The 3rd is in an independent living center. I'll be fixing Thanksgiving dinner for all us. It'll be my pleasure.  :)  More on that another day. 

Signing off with Roy Ayers, "You Send Me".  ( I needed a jacket this morning! ). Have a wonderful day and fake care of yourself. :)

Photo of my cousins!  Love them a lot!  <3  Yes this random.  Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment