Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The "It's Been Two Months Since We Moved Part 3 (The End)", edition".

Young MC, "Bust a Move".  Start with the dialysis angle today. Today is blood day. Blood is taken once a month.  In between, in 2 weeks a smaller blood letting occurs. (Snicker).  Six vials of blood today.   And since I received a vial from the Detroit Medical Center (DMC), where I'm on the transplant list, they wanted some of me too. Yes. I brought an additional vial to dialysis to encourage the tech to take more of my blood!!  In defense of DMC, the package they sent included a vial, instructions and self addressed stamp package to return the vial. Whee. My blood is being transported cross country.  For the future, I'll give my nurse here in Vegas the contact information for my Detroit transplant coordinator.  And the vials will be sent to my Las Vegas nurse.  This is a once a month withdrawal. 

Stevie Wonder, "You Are The Sunshine of My Life".   So one weekend in April Ann Marie came by and started helping me pack china.  The packing moved quickly. We ended up with a lot of boxes.  And yes, it was going to the Salvation Army.  Ann Marie had a better idea.  How about if she took the boxes and used them for her churches rummage sale?  Fine with me!  Oh. And she found someone who needed furniture. Whoo hoo!!  Our only condition was they move it themselves.    Once we emptied the dining room furniture of the China and stuff the first phase of the furniture move was on!! 

Cream, "Sunshine of Your Love".  One weekend in early May a crew with a Uhaul truck pulled up. In a few hours the living room, dining room, family room, Shawn's bedroom and a desk from the basement were gone. Hey!  This move is gonna happen.  In the following weeks Ann Marie and her friend came and helped us pack and took stuff they liked. My grandmother's purses were a hot commodity as were the items in the curio cabinet. Just about the rest of the furniture left about a week before I left in late July. This included another full bedroom, all of the furniture from our bedroom.....except the bed, the really jumbo TV,  and the breakfast room furniture.  Of couse by this time the one way tickets had been purchased. 

We put up a card table and folding chairs in the breakfast room.  Lol. Yes it looked odd and tacky, but what are you gonna do?  We pretty much turned the master bedroom into our living space.   I needed a resting place for after dialysis. We had a day bed, a rocker recliner, a floor lamp and a flat screen TV with the stand. Plans for a final move of furniture were made for a day before Brian left. Remember, I left 2 weeks before he did. He spent his last night in Detroit at a hotel. 

The O'Jays, "Lovin' You".  Our bed was moved out and Ann Marie got everything that was left. Including the recliner and the TV. And it was my absolute pleasure to give those items to her. Her friend got the curio cabinet, the figurines and my mom's hope chest. We were delighted that these items were to people who use them and enjoy them. And that includes their church. They have enought stuff to have a lot of rummages sales!  

Ugh. The iPad did a restart and I lost the best writing I've ever done!!!  Not really. Lol. But I did lose a lot. That'll teach me to save more often. :-/  I mentioned how much I'll miss Ann Marie and her friend.  I also mentioned the tenacity of the real estate agent. In less than a month of having the house on the market we had a buyer and the signing of paperwork had begun. It started before I left Detroit.  I explained the motivator to complete the move by early August. The motivators were the trips to Denver and St Louis. The trips would have disrupted the moving process, so it had to be completed. 

Signing out with  Average White Band, "If I Ever Lose This Heaven". We are official resident of Las Vegas, Nevada. Car has Nevada license plates, we have Nevada drivers licenses,  we're register to vote in Nevada, have a bank account, changed address...yes bills found us. Got a breakfast restaurant where the staff and owner know us. Met other residents in the condo. The list goes on. We're happy. And today's high temp will be 87 degrees. ;-D  We're doing fine. Have a great Wednesday! 

Photos of the house after the buyer completed the FHA requirements. 





1 comment:

  1. Hard to imagine someone else in that house. :-( Enjoy your new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete