Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The "I Jinxed Myself", edition.

iPad shuffled to Kanye West, "Can't Tell Me Nothing".  He's been around a while. I recall driving a car full of middle school girls to a basketball game one of them sticks Kanye's CD in the CD player.  I'm the one asking, "Who is this?"  And they're rolling their eyes at Coach Fields. Hey. I recognize the sample of "Through the Fire", even if Minnie Mouse was singing instead of Chaka Khan. Lol. This was 2004 maybe?  

The Delphonics, "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time). So how did jinx myself?  Well.  On the previous blog I stated that my treatments had been pretty good. No drama. No crashing. (Crashing is the dramatic drop in blood pressure). Of course on Wednesday I crashed.  Hard. :-(  And it was so unexpected. I mean the crashes are always unexpected, but this time I was off the machine. The needles had been removed. All the BP benchmarks were taken and they were good. The BP is taken in the reclining position.  You know we are reclining during treatment...providing the BP isn't ridiculously high. Then the blood pressure is taken  in a sitting uptight position and finally taken when standing.  Now a small drop is expected during that process, but not dramatically.  You already know your blood pressure drops upon standing, right?  

Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night". Keyshia sounds a 1/2 note off, but I still like this. I can do without Diddy though.  I'd like to say my crashing occurs at the same point during the treatment process, but it doesn't. This episode occurred as I was packing up. The BP readings were great reclining, sitting and standing. After the standing reading, the needles are removed.  I then apply pressure to the accesses where the needles have been removed. Yeah, serious bleeding. Sometime the blood spurts up. Real impressive. Sometimes it flows copiously. Anyway. I apply pressure for about 6-10 minutes. The bleeding does stop. :-)  The tech then tapes up my arm. I look like the walking wounded. One day I'll give the answers to the questions when people ask about my heavily taped arm.   Once I bandaged it's time to collect my items, go weigh and report back so they can verify the amount they took off. Remember weigh before and after treatment. And remember 2.2lbs equal 1 kilogram. So I may get up to 6.6 lbs of fluid and toxins pulled off. One day I'll go into how the body reacts. 

David Essex, "Rock On".  Anyway, I'm packing and I feel it. I'm starting to feel light headed.  I try to fight through it. I can't. I sit down and tell my tech I'm crashing. I get the hot and cold feeling. That's the absolute tell for me. :-/  The tech has to put the BP cuff on. Sure enough. I had dropped to 65/43.  Sigh. I'm also getting nauseous. My left chest to lower abdomen hurt. As always I'm pretty sure I'm dying. I wish I could explain how it feels being just on the edge of losing consciousness.  Anyway, now I have a tech and nurse. A needle has to be reinserted to get some saline back in my body. A little "salt" to raise that pressure. It works. I come back to life. Needle removed again. Hold access again. Get taped by tech after 5 minutes. Pack up. Feel much better. Now I can go weigh, report it back and leave treatment area.  

Whitney Houston, "I'm Every Woman". Brian is waiting for me. I'm still out before 9:00AM. The entire episode lasted less than 15 minutes. My nurse and tech handled it, got me back to normal and got me out. Yes. I felt well enough after that nonsense to go to breakfast with Brian. <3. And yeah, I'm real grateful to my tech and nurse.  But this just happened out of nowhere. My body just said it was tired of the treatment. And I don't know what triggers it. It just does. I'm going for the I talked it up  this time. 

Signing off with  Rachelle Ferrell, "With Open Arms". Lol. I lost track of the days. I was trying to make today Friday. Have a great Wednesday!  I think. Lol. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment