Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, October 17, 2014

The "Fun With Technology.....Not", edition.

iPad shuffled to Sam and Dave,  "Hold On, I'm Coming".   I'm having tech issues all over the place.  You know, I retired so I wouldn't have to deal with it.  *sigh*.  Lol. Even right now. I get an error message that the device had trouble saving.  And I'm talking the auto save feature!  So do I start with tech issues (wifi) here at the clinic or do I start with my tech issues at home?  I'll start here. This is really a minor inconvenience. 

Earth, Wind and Fire, "Saturday Night".  On the very rare occasion, the wifi at the clinic hiccups. I have to sign on to the guest network.  The clinic changes the password every month. The iPad finds the network, the the iPad eventually brings up a Davita portal for me to sign on to the network.  The network is set up such that irequires constant action while on it. This means that while I type the blog, I need to save the document often...like right now.  Hold on...OK back. That's a minor inconvenience. Besides, being a tech person I know I need to save often. It's no fun to lose 1/2 hour worth of typing. Been there, done that...more times than I like to admit.  Anyway, this morning, I guess the router wasn't ready to start. I went to cellular for a moment, but who wants to use the data plan  when you have wifi available?  Well, all is well now.  I've hit the wifi, typing this here blog and saving often.  

Norman Connors, "You Are My Starship".  Now my tech issues at home encompass all of my electronics except for the phone. For now. Lol. We'll start with my monitor for my desktop.  We'd set up a workstation in the apartment.  New furniture.  It looks nice. The computer equipment was shipped inside of the car....which was shipped. The equipment sat on the floor in boxes until we purchased the furniture. Which arrived while we were in Denver. Lol. Brian assembled everything when we returned, furniture and both computers. Go Brian!!  

Little Beaver, "Party Down, Pt 1". I'm gonna have to find part 2. Lol.  Well the workstations are set up and my monitor punks out. Of course Brian's system is working fine. In his defense my monitor was pretty old. Heck the computer system itself is over 5-6 years old. I have an older version of Windows.  But hey.  It works. Well not the monitor. We go to Best Buy to get me a new monitor. Yeah, Best Buy is about a 1/2 mile from where we live. Bad news for tech junkies. Lol. Plug up my new giant monitor. It's beautiful and it works!!   Wifi and everything. I'm good to go. Until Brian gets the cable upgraded. :(

Earth Wind and Fire,  "Sing a Song".  With the cable upgrade, we get a new modem.  I successfully replace our old Netgear router and it appears all is well. Dad can connect, the tablets are fine, Brian's computer attaches just fine. But my computer?  It can't find the network.  We end up getting a network antenna thing. Brian hooks it up. Success!  Finally I'm on the Internet.  Yay!!  Then about a month ago my monitor all of a sudden wants an HDMI cable?  What?  Why?  We eventually tried the switch our monitors. Lol. For some reason that works. Brian gets my new monitor and I get his monitor. This works.  For one week. 

Jackson 5, "I'll Be There". Yesterday in the midst of a major download, the computer locked up, then shut down. I didn't deal with it. I had errands to run. Anyway later on I restarted the computer. Worked about 15 minutes before it locked up again. Restarted again. Worked about 5 minutes, the computer not only locked up, the monitor gave me an abstract painting on the screen!!  Brian looks over and deadpans, "Looks like you need a new computer". Lol. Ya think?   Looks like we have an outing this weekend. 

Peabo Bryson, "Feel The Fire". Yes.  There's more but I'm stopping now.  On the dialysis front. I got nothin'. That's pretty good. I'm still trying to track down the social worker. Ain't that a bitch?  I need to find out the status of when I start trying for home hemo. I know for sure she'll appear next week. We have quarterly evaluations. But how the hell can she report Jack shit when I haven't seen her in 3 months????  /rant off. 

Signing off with  Sir Mix A Lot, " Baby Got Back".  Chair dance. And hell yeah, I want to sing at the top of my lungs. Lollololololol. Have a great weekend. :-)  

Photo of our workstations. 






No comments:

Post a Comment