Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The "I Didn't Get Much Sleep Last Night", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Tavares, "Heaven Must Be a Missing an Angel".  I can't get my thoughts together this morning so this is a small entry.  I should have slept well. My workout went well. I've hit the 15 minute treadmill walk. I probably can push it to 20 minutes, but the trainer has me doing 15 minutes. I'll see where I am next week. On the bike I jumped from 43 mph to 63.  And increased the time to 13 minutes...closing in on the 15 minute mark.  I rode 2 miles!!  The weight machines and some of the exercises are still difficult. The chest and back reps are ok. Some are difficult even at 10 pounds. Others I can press 30 pounds. Hey you gotta start somewhere. :)   There is an exercise called planks. I was abysmal at that. Need a bit more upper body strength. Again, the trainer is adjusting my circuit. One day I'll hold my plank longer than 2 seconds!!!

 The Guess Who, "American Woman".  Our workout is just over an hour. And yes, my whining has decreased.  Lol.  I'm tired afterwards. After getting off the treadmill my legs feel like jello, but I feel good. Who knew?  Now if I can just get my iPod to communicate with the new computer. :-/

Whodini, "Five Minutes of Funk". Yes. I preferred  Whodini over Run DMC.  So my sleepless night. I ended up with digestive issues. TMI?  It's a by product of dialysis and this is about dialysis adventures, right?  In addition, my back muscles ached from the workout. I took Aleve, Tums and Immodium. I wanted it to take effect immediately. It took about an hour.  Ugh. Everything calmed down around 2AM. Of course I had to wake up at 4AM .  I'm sluggish. 

Signing off with Earth Wind and Fire, "Keep Your Head to the Sky". Did I tell you about the patient who's brought is sedated?  Once the sedation wears off she's yelling the rest of the time to be taken off the machine. :-(   The other patients are not happy. For the record, I'll be signing do not resuscitate. Have a great day. I'm going to take a nap. :-)  Photo of my fleece throw. Keeps me warm and during treatment. Even if I have to keep my access arm out so staff can check even if I'm asleep.  Eh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment