Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The "Mornings Are Cool But...", edition.

Ipad shuffled to Earth Wind and Fire, "All About Love".  The mornings are cool. We're stepping outside around 4:30 AM. ( isn't that outrageous?  I never got up that early ever in life!). This morning it was 68 degrees. Monday it was 62 degrees. On Monday I took my jacket. I didn't put it on, but I had it. Like a security blanket.  Lol. This morning, 68 degrees didn't merit a jacket. When I left treatment on Monday, around 8:45 AM, it was still chilly...in the shade. Once I stepped into the sun, it felt good. Not hot, not just warm, but good. The temp was in the 70s.  It eventually hot into the 80s later. 

The Doors, "Light My Fire". The weather guys say the fall is unseasonably warm. We're still averaging mid to upper 80s. By mid October I've been conditioned to start wearing sweaters. Yet I'm still wearing summer clothes. My mind won't let me wear shorts any more, but my summer shirts are still in rotation. And the capris still make an appearance on occasion.  However, on dialysis days, I wear jeans and/or leggings.  Leggings!!  The best apparel for dialysis. So. Comfortable. :-)  Brian and I were remembering that we were out here about this time last year and it was warmer than we expected. We brought jackets and light sweaters, but it was too much.  So when I moved here in July imagine my surprise when I opened a drawer and it was filled with my T-shirts id purchased during that visit. Lol. 

Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock. "It Takes Two".  This song always makes me move. Lol. We were commenting that if they had royalties on sampling when this was recorded, James Brown would have hit an additional jackpot. The song is ALL James Brown. Lol. This includes Lyn Collins and Bobby Byrd. So it's been 3 months. I think I can introduce you some of my of my fellow warriors. Even though I have a module of 6 people, the set up Is different. Plus one seat is empty and 3 people speak Spanish. The lady sitting directly across me isn't Hispanic. I could call her McDonald breakfast sandwich because she has one every morning during treatment, but I don't want to call her that. She's much nicer than that. I think I'll call her knowledge lady. She's been here a while.   The Hispanic guy also across from me diagonally has tattoos on his head. We became friends when I gave him a cough drop. One day when I had a low blood pressure issue, he helped me at the scale. He gets a thumbs up!  :-)  I'll call him tattoo guy (how original). 

Blackstreet and Dr. Dre, "No Diggity".  The others are waiting the the waiting room when I arrive. We are the first of the first. We are the patients that start the day for the staff. We are to be at the clinic by 4:45 AM. This so we can be on the machines by 5:00 AM.  So let me introduce you to my shift waiting room crew. I'll start with the first person to introduce himself. Lol. And the leader of the pack. I'll call him tall guy with a cane.  There's combover guy and tall skinny guy who holds the door to treatment area  for us. There's flip flop guy and talky guy with the rolling walker. We've got old guy in a hat, lady who bangs on the door if it's not opened at 4:45.  Lol. And finally the smiling Hispanic lady.  Everyone else who comes in are the second group to get put on the machines. They get a mention by me one day. I'll also go into more detail about my waiting room crew soon. They are very nice.  Lol who'd imagine a group of people getting ready to get on dialysis machines smiling, joking and laughing.  Well here we are. :)

So while I'm trying to take my own photo (I take horrible selfies.  Fake grin and stuff). And there's the haircut, a few days old and unbrushed.  I listened to Estelle, "American Boy", and  Gladys Knight and the Pips, "Best Thing That a Ever Happened to Me".   So yeah. I took a photo of me in the chair. Again. I think the smile works today. 

Signing off with Cameo, "I Just Want to Be".  Bouncing in the chair here!!  I'll create my own party at dialysis. Lol. Ready to start waving my arms in the air. Like I just don't care.  And would probably rip a needle out. :-/   Lol. I'll tone it down. It's so hard to not sing along at the top of my lungs.  And yeah, the staff walk by and laugh!  Lol. Have a great day. Drink some cider and eat a donut for me. That stuff doesn't exist out here. /cry.  





No comments:

Post a Comment