Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 13, 2013

The "I'm Trying to Convince Summer to Stay a Little Longer", edition

iPod shuffled to "Smooth", Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana. Back to jeans and a jacket. Time to put the sandals up. Time to turn off the central air. :-(  Summer went by quick. Shawn's graduation. Disney World. Port Huron.  The Oakland County Fair.  Frankenmuth. Several trips to Champaign Urbana (getting intimate with the drive there...and massive corn fields). It was a great summer. A convergence of Brian and I both being retired. Shawn passed on a summer job and a summer orientation at UIUC. She did work on a project at Wayne State researching the Purple Gang, but we were able to wake up and say,  "What are we going to do today?".  Shawn figured she'd be in school for the next years. Take a break. :-)

"Andalusia (Suite Espanola):Guadalivir", Ernesto Lecuona. One the songs I played on the piano. I played the entire suite of songs. Big ole music book. Dad wanted me to play MalagueƱa. I ended up liking all of the songs, so I learned them all. Lol the songs that were at least 6 pages each.   Now, I prefer to listen, rather than play. I'm sure my piano feels neglected. Lol. 

Anyway, we were able to do all those trips and activities in spite of the failed kidneys and dialysis three days a week. I've never missed a treatment and don't plan to. I'm looking at 3 empty chairs in my module and I can only shake my head. The missing folks had dialysis on Wednesday. The next session  will be on Monday. 4 days missed. Toxins built up for 4 days :-(   I'm not trying to take that chance. Which leads to my next point....  I'm thinking that kissing death has given me a new perspective on life.    I'm enjoying my friends and family. I'm enjoying living. I felt so bad that feeling good, feels good. Lol. Nelly, "Hot in Herre".  Not only is that a chair dance song, the head bops, and you want to sing it loud and strong. I'd wake up everyone if I did that. My singing voice is awful. Lol. 

Now granted, some dialysis days I feel kinda punky after treatment. I resent..hate dialysis, but I'm here.  I'm here with Brian. I'm here with my baby <3. I'm here with my dad. I'm here with my brother and his wife. I'm here with my cousins and family...on all sides, and Brian's family is my family <3.  I'm here with fabulous friends. They all prop me up when I'm pissed about my failed kidneys.  So I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. Doing dialysis, no matter what city I'm in. Taking my meds, doing what the nephrologist wants me do. Listening to the dietician. "Just Gets Better With Time", The Whispers. That's a song that has me looking for Brian to dance. :-).  I've adjusted to not using salt. Looking at labels. I've found I can have most foods on moderation, except absolutely no beans or V8. V8, salt in a can..lol. And Bloody Mary's were the drink of my choice..oh well. 

So we've planned our next trip and will probably make another trip to Illinois. Lol. Trying to stay away for a while.  Lol, I want my child to be independent, but I sure like being with her. She's good company.  I know I was determined to see her graduate.  Now she's set another goal that I need to reach...seeing her get her PhD. So some days when I'm feeling I hate this, what's the point, I remember that goal she's set. And Brian has convinced me that we'll be just fine. :-). 

Signing off "Going in Circles", The Friends of Distinction". Have a great weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment