Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 6, 2013

The "I Have No Focus Today, But The Symptoms Are Under Control", edition.

iPod shuffled to Isley Brothers, "Harvest For The World".  I went o a mega concert at Cobo, back in the day. The Isley Brothers were one of the groups, sling with Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes. Took you back, didn't I.  You are old school if you can recall O'Kelly Isley just walking back and forth on the stage during the set. :-). 

Well, on Wednesday, I asked the nurse what I could take for the cold. The nephrologist walked in just I asked. The official cold medicines for dialysis patients (at least patients of my neph) are Robitusdin DM and Zyrtec.  And now I'm symptom free....and loopy. I gotta tell ya, that scratchy throat sucked. I could barely talk.  

I've tossed the cane!  Lately, I've been forgetting the cane. When we checked out of the hotel, as soon as the door closed, I realized I left the cane. Of course we did express check out, so the key cards were left in the room. Of course. The front desk made a card and we retrieved the cane. I'd been forgetting the cane all that  week. Starting this past Monday, I just left it at home. My walking has improved. Stairs are a bit of a challenge, but much more doable. Getting up from is chairs so much easier. The Delphonics, "Ready or Not". The names of groups from the 70's sometime make no sense.  What's a "delphonic"?  Nevertheless, the music is great, so I'll let the name slide. :-). 

Well, this a short entry. I planned on going over the types of dialysis, but the meds have control of me.  I selected that topic because one of the members of the Facebook group I belong to is having crazy serious complications from peritoneal dialysis. I was considering that. I'm not anymore. I'll go over the different types next week. 

Signing off with "Who Am I ( What's My Name )?", Snoop Dogg. That'll wake you up!  :-). Have a great weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a great feeling when u get rid of the cane. I have recently and officially been liberated from my cane. I keep it in my car, just in case, though.

    ReplyDelete