Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, September 2, 2013

The "Yes, It's Labor Day, and Yes, I'm Dialyzin'" edition.

iPod set to The Dramatics, "Whatcha See is Whatcha Get". The only other album I played as much was the first Jackson Five album. That's saying a lot. I took that album with me everywhere. Lol. Yes, I'm at dialysis on Labor Day. Just like I was for the 4th of July Monday. Heh. The term "life goes on" takes a literal meaning.

We drove to Champaign on Friday to deliver the rest of Shawn's things.  We left directly from dialysis. I have hit or miss days. Friday was a close hit. I like to help with driving, but wasn't able to assist until just south of Chicago, and then it was for only 45 minutes :-(  But it was a little break. The return trip was much better on Sunday. 

So yes, I wanted to see my baby.  (Shawn tells me "You're such a mom".  Yes I am, so what?  Lol)   Yeah, yeah, I'm letting go. That's the ultimate plan, to see you're  child self sufficient.  Her apartment looks nice, and she's still decorating. However, she's learning major budgeting. So far so good.  Of course, Brian and I took her grocery shopping. ;-).  Oh yeah, she spent Friday night with us in the hotel. So I'm guessing she wanted to see us, also. Lol. Did I mention that I reserved the room during our previous stay?  What??  We knew we had to bring the rest of Shawn's stuff, that couldn't fit in the Explorer on the first trip. Lol. Quit judging. (I really am "such a mom" - lol).  

I suppose I'll give a shout out to Hawthorne Suites. We stayed at the chain in Alexandria, VA when Shawn attended Howard U. Now we're staying at the one in Champaign.  The hotel is the closet hotel to the airport...we'd see the pilots at breakfast. It's also the closest hotel to the football stadium. Did I mention that Saturday was the first football game for UIUC?  Did I mention UIUC is a Big 10 school?  Did I mention that Champaign is in the middle of nowhere making UIUC football the ONLY game in town?  Well, I'm going to tell you how Saturday started out for us. 

"Door to Your Heart", The Dramatics. Lol. Just cutting to the chase, I'm playing my entire Dramatics playlist this morning. No shuffling the iPod. :-)   Brian and I got up to get breakfast. A bunch of tennis equipment was dropped in the lobby.  The dining room was full.  It was the UIUC tennis team. We also saw the UIUC football team coaches and staff coming down the stairs headed to their catered team breakfast. I saw three fancy buses outside...there may have been more.  Lots of people in orange and navy blue milling around.   Note - the tennis team had the complimentary breakfast..it des have an omelet station, but the football team has a catered breakfast. 

After Shawn had breakfast we went grocery shopping. Everyone in the store, customers ad staff, were wearing Illinois shirts or orange and blue. Illini bow ties!!!  Lol we were not fitting in.  The plan was to not go back to Shawn's apartment the usual way, because we'd encounter some traffic. Of course we forgot it, probably as soon as we said it. Lol. Anyway heading back, we see the people hawking parking spaces, highest was $15.00.  A sea of orange shirts heading toward the stadium.  Lots of alumni. Oh by the way, UIUC's record from last year was 2-12. Lol lol lol lol roflmao. I'm a Michigan woman!!  I'll even  follow MSU. A 2-12 record?  The Illini suck.  Lol. But they're the only game in town. They played Southern Illinois. They barely won.  Lol lol. Ok, I've wiped the tears of laughter from my eyes. 

We cooked Shawn some food.  She wanted the Greek pasta salad.  We also did some chicken wings.  Season wings with salt and pepper and bake.  In a pot, heat up equal parts of Franks Hot Sauce and honey, and butter. Add everything into the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours. Yum. :-)  So she has leftovers for a while and everything we couldn't finish from the restaurants we went to.  I'll tell you about Biaggi's another time...so so good. 

She didn't spend the night with us.  She had a department party. She's part of the staff.  Lol. My baby is grown!!  She met us for breakfast on Sunday at Le Peep.  Then Brian and I headed home.  Tired and happy, with Sirius keeping us company.  And no trips to Champaign planned for the future. My helicopter has landed. :-)

Signing off with "Sun Goddess", Ramsey Lewis and Earth, Wind, and Fire". Enjoy the holiday.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment