Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, September 30, 2013

The "I Know Some Interesting People (Everyone I Know"), edition.

iPod shuffled to "I Just a Want to Be", Cameo. Party over here...at 6:40 AM. :-D.  This weekend was about interesting people...friends, family and people I just met. Everyone I know is interesting...there is something interesting and special about everybody.

The discussion started on Friday while I was having a discussion with my social worker.  I was telling  her about how on all sides of my family, we can trace significant history.  My cousin traced the genealogy of the family back in the sixties....before it became an "in" thing. She had younger relatives assisting in the research.  She was a children's author. Her first published book included some of the family history. And her title character's surname in that book is the family name. She went on to become an award winning author, winning the Newberry Medal".  "Green Light", John Legend and Andre 3000. I'd never consider that collaboration, but it works. 

While cleaning out a closet, my husband found a large framed certificate.  It was from the Supreme Court of the United States.  Apparently my grandfather tried a case in 1962!  Why didn't I know about this??!!  My grandfather, a Black attorney was arguing a case in front of the Supreme Court.....in 1962!!!!  I took a photo of the framed certificate, because I'm giving the certificate away. Giving it to my cousin,  his grandson, who is an attorney, who was named after his father, who was named after his father, making him the Third. :-)

While I checking Facebook last night,  a friend, who is the daughter of a wonderful woman who I met gaming almost 20 years ago (!), posted that her dad was going to be on Dateline Discovery last night.  Well of couse I know her dad.  During the course of friendship with her mother, I met her dad. :-)    My friend (her mother) and I have so much in common, including being married to cops, our mothers shared the same first name. Our birthdays are just days apart. We each have one child..a daughter.  The list goes on.  Lol. We both even make the same comments at the same time. Lol. We just accept it and laugh.   Anyway, her husband was on TV last night, and we watched him. He had told us about some of his cases..that wasn't one of them. Lol.

 "That's the Way of the World", Earth, Wind and Fire".  Another friend asked a few days ago to name your favorite EWF song.  I drew a blank, but I think there are too many to select just one.  I'll hear a song I may not have heard in a decade an declare, "That one, that's my favorite", until I hear another EWF song. Lol.  

So last interesting person of the weekend.  Did I tell you that I was asked to be Dialysis Peer Mentor?   I'll give more details later. ;-)  We had our first meeting yesterday. Yes on Sunday. Dialysis patients get treatment on MWF or TThS.  Anyway, I met the most delightful lady.  During the icebreaker we had to tell something about ourselves. The lady had been a Motown recording artist, signed in 1965!  I'd never heard of her, but that doesn't mean much.  She didn't dwell on it, she more interested in mentoring about dialysis and kidney disease. When I got home I looked her up.  There was a Wikipedia article about her, a chock full web site, and several entries on YouTube.  I listened to a couple of songs.   Her voice is great!! 

 "A Heart is a House a For Love", The Five Heartbeats...or The Dells.  Your choice - lol.  Everyone I know is interesting and special.  If you ask me what I find interesting and special about you, I will tell you. It may surprise you, what I think is special about you, but you special to me. <3.  

Signing off with Frank Sinatra, "Luck Be A Lady".  Lol.  Loved to be in a Vegas, The Fremont Experience, and this came on.  Everyone started singing. :-D.  Have great day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment