Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The "A Hodge Pot of Tidbits", edition.

iPad shuffled to "Ladies First", Queen Latifah with Monie Love. I also like MC Lyte.  I forgot to charge the iPod so I am using the iPad. I actually have more songs on the iPad, thanks to the "cloud". I have to hook up the iPod to the computer to download new songs. I can download music to the iPad. I probably can hook up the iPod to the iPad. I'll check it out.....one day. Eh, that paragraph had to many  iThings.  Lol


Friday I was concerned that three of my module partners were missing. One returned on Monday, but two were still MIA. One has been hospitalized, but that left one still missing. He is back today. He had been in the hospital also. I'm still missing one. The one who is still missing and I race to see who finishes bleeding out first.  Lol. This is what my life has become. Roflmao. But..he's still in the hospital :-(

I received a letter from the dialysis's company, Greenfield Health Systems. I've been asked to be a peer mentor. I saw that the third social worker is part of that program. The company maintains several dialysis centers  in SE Michigan and Ohio. I guess I'll go and see what it's about. When I worked, I was a manager and have actually been trained in mentoring. Lol, but I hadn't told anyone here. I'm not clear how I'm supposed to mentor anyone while I'm imprisoned in a chair. < shrug> 

There are three social workers here. I'll refer to them as Mine, Lead and Other. Mine helps with travel and whatever else she is supposed to. Like make me take a psychological assessment.  I'm not as well adjusted as I think I am. Lol   In fairness, that's the result from February.  Lead is my soror.  She's the one that gets me to participate in walk-a-thons. Other caught me weeping during treatment one day. It was in March, think.  I was listening to Malagueña on the iPod, and I teared up. She saw me as she was walking by. "Be Ever Wonderful", Earth, Wind, and Fire". Well, that was a soothing song.  Other asked if I was ok. It old her about the song, how I played the song at my dad's request and how it was the song I played at last recital, my swan song, if you will. I still love to hear it. My tech was nearby and let Other know that Mom had just died. I guess it was just an emotional release. By the way, whenever the song shuffled on, I'd pass it by. I just started listening to it again. I think you know by now that music is a powerful force in my life. :-). 

Other and I talked for a while. She asked for the name of the song. I told her the name of the song and composer.  She wrote it down.  On my next treatment, she came by and told me she had listened to it (!). She enjoyed it. So anyway, Other is part of the peer mentoring program. I suspect all three social worker are in on this. :-/   "Hey Nineteen", Steely Dan. Donald Fagen's voice has such a nice wail. Lol 

Monday, as I finished, my blood pressure was playing teeter-totter. :-(  It would spike high sitting, the drop when I stood. Wild spikes. It finally stabilized, so they eat me go.  I made it about 20 feet and my BP started dropping. *sigh*. I was pretty sure I could make it out the treatment area, through the reception area, down the wall, wait for the slowest elevator in the universe, get on said elevator, walk through the entrance area, through the parking lot to the car.  Apparently I looked like my BP had dropped. A RN stopped me. <grrrr>.  She had me sit down and take my pressure. I was no longer in my module. Anyway, I ended up drinking some really salty chicken broth and being attended to by three techs and two RN's.  I was quite embarrassed. The salt immediately raises the blood pressure.  When I stabilized, I got the hell out of there. Lol.  

Signing off with Bobby Womack", California Dreamin'".  Have a great day!!  

1 comment:

  1. When you wrote about the song that reminded you of your mom, it reminded me about the time I was shopping at a Smiths grocery store in Vegas. This particulat song came on. I can't even remember what song was playing. Anyhow, I started tearing up, so I hurried to an unoccupied isle so that no one would see. My mom had only been gone for about a few weeks. I also remember how it took me months before I could use my ipod because it reminded me of how she would lie there on the ventilator, listening to it and smiling when her favorite songs would come on. Hang in there, kiddo. You're still my shero!

    ReplyDelete