Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The "I Had A Wonderful Birthday!", edition.

iPod shuffled to Johnny Guitar Watson, "A Real Mother For Ya".  "Rents goin up higher, got the parents lying. I'll pay ya tomorrow".  Discovered him on WGPR. No other station played him.  And even though Eric B says his songs all sound alike, I still like him.

Yesterday was my birthday. Dad told me I was looking at 60. The he stated he was looking at 90. Lol. He said nevermind and dropped the subject. :-D  Last year I almost didn't make it..blah blah blah.  Well I'm here now. I had a nice quiet celebration. Maybe I'll have a 60th birthday party. Had a nice one at 30. Lol. That was awhile ago.  Ok. It'll be in Vegas, so save up. You have a few years. We'll celebrate our fabulous lives!  Lives well lived. :-)

Yesterday we woke up.  The first thing I do is give the dog some loving. She insists on it!  Then Brian takes her out. We have coffee and I have a bagel...with chipotle cream cheese. It has a little kick. I tried the jalapeño cream cheese, but it didn't work with hot coffee {shudder}.  "Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)", Parliament.  "We gonna turn this mother out".  I opened my gifts. When we were at Macy's a few weeks ago, (joyfully) pointed out things I'd like. I received 2 of them. Some warm slippers and Estée Lauder perfume and the gift pack. <3   The day was quiet and calm. Just being with Brian was great.  As far as gifts, mom had favorite store.  She'd pick out items she liked.  The staff would hold it for her.  Mom would the send dad to select some items. Dad would go and just purchase everything!  Lol. 

I got quite a few birthday wishes on Facebook. lol. Facebook is good for something besides being a massive time sink. I am humbled by all of the Facebook greetings.    Greetings from someone who walked me to school in kindergarten, someone who was in Sunday School with me, elementary school friends, high school and college friends. Sorority sisters, people from my different jobs.  Friends I've met online, from gaming.  Relatives from all sides.  Thank you!  I was also tickled by how I was referenced. Pat, Patrice, and Patsy. Depending on when you met me determines what you call me. I actually have no preference.  I don't like Patty, though. Ugh. I was called Patsy as a child. I was named after my cousin Patricia.  My Perry family likes to recycle names lol. I am little Patsy. I stand almost a foot over Big Patsy. Lol. It's always a joke at family reunions. Most of friends call me Pat. I had to switch to Patrice when I started a jib and there were already 5 Pats there. Lol. All of them Patricia.  I appreciated being Patrice. :-).  Thank you. <3

"Ordinary Joe", Terry Callier. "I've seen a sparrow get high, and waste his time in the sky. He thinks it's easy to fly. He's just a little bit freer than I".  We spent a quiet day. Visited a book store. Had lunch. I had a nap when we got home. Later we had a dinner and Brian got me caramel cake. My favorite. Yes better than chocolate. ;-)   

Oh yeah, I need a dialysis reference. I don't really have one. Doing ok.  My labs are ok. I need a little more calcium, but calcium rich foods are also phosphorus rich foods.  Lol. It's not dire, all numbers are in the good range.  Calcium is just on the low side of normal.  

Photo of me 40 years ago...when I had hair.  Lol. 

Signing off with "You And I", Rick James. Now that's a party starter!!!  Have a fabulous Wednesday. Stay warm.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment