Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The "Back Home and Dialyzing on Sunday Morning", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Hey Western Union Man", Jerry Butler and the Impressions.  That through me for a  loop. I knew Jerry Butler had been in the Impressions, but I never heard them referred as Jerry Butler and the Impressions.  I'll look it up later.  I'm back home after 10 days visiting Dad.  We had a great time. And the time seemed to pass so quickly.

"Steve Miller", Jet Airliner. "Big ole jet airliner". Love the hook. :)  lol. The song mentions a 707. Talk about an old airplane. I don't even remember the last time I saw one. It was a big long airplane.  I think we flew that to London in 1973. Lol. On the way to Vegas we were on the standard 737. Prior to departure, I got a notice from Delta that there was a change in the itinerary.  Well sort of.  They changed the plane.  We went from a 737 to a 767, a larger plane. I suppose more people were leaving Vegas than anticipated, so a larger plane was needed. 

Well we boarded and oh my goodness. We boarded a 21st century plane!  Brian and I were in Business Elite seats. We'd seen pictures of these planes, but honestly never thought we'd be sitting in them!  We had individual pods. The seats had massive leg room.  The seat reclined...like a LaZBoy!  We had individual lamps and places to recharge and stow the electronics.  We had easily 20+ movies, and over 15 TV shows to watch...and that was just comedy.  I didn't check out the drama, comedy or lifestyle categories!  Nor did I check out the kid section or the games. Or the music channels.  And yet I still had a complaint!  I like to check the stats and maps while in flight. You get to see airspeed, temperature at 30,000 feet (really cold), distance traveled and distance to destination, time to destination.  You also see large and small maps of where the airplane is.  This plane was set from San Francisco to Memphis. ;-(  However, all things considered, I got over it. Lol.

"Never Can Say Goodbye", Isaac Hayes. Lol. I haven't heard a version of this song I don't like.  I had dialysis 4 times in Vegas. At the same center I've been to the last 2 times I was there. I am now an official regular visitor.  Lol. They asked me when I was coming back. :)  It's different from my "home" unit and I guess I prefer my unit because it's familiar. What are some of the differences?  First of all is the ice machine next to the scale at the Vegas unit....and that's a plus. I asked about one here.  I was told there had been one, but people would steal the ice. Really?  "Sigh".  That's as ignorant as stealing the cable box remotes.....but I digress. Differences. Our machines are newer. Vegas has windows.  Here, we're in the lower level. There, they tape the hell out of me when the needles are removed. I like that, though.  The pressure they put on the access makes the bleeding stop quickly. I'm out in about 5-8 minutes after the needles are removed.  The other thing is here an alcohol pad is put between the access and the gauze during the bleed out.  I think it's just an extra step for infection prevention.  

"Why Leave Us Alone", Five Special. We used to go see the play at Orthea's on 8 Mile in the 80's. Damn that was a long time ago..lol. Imagine my surprise seeing my old friend, Tony "T Money" Green , , and neighbor plaing the bass and directing the group.  :-)  And when I say old, I mean I've known him since we were 6 or 7. Lol. He's still a sweetheart. One day I'll go over the musicians I grew up with. I'm kinda thrown for a loop that so many of them became wildly successful professionals. Proud of them all!!

So of course I have more stories from Vegas. I'm just glad to be back at my regular time at MY dialysis unit. I was glad to see my module group. They welcomed me back. <3.  Glad to see MY techs and nurses.  Lol. Well, I guess if I have to go to dialysis, I might as well get along with the others here. We really are some kind of family who spends 4 hours 3 days a week with each other. I bet you can't say that about your friends and family! And this includes the staff.  That, too, is a topic for another day. 

Signing off with "There Goes My Baby", Usher...one of my favorite songs by Usher.  Hey. Thank me for bringing some of the warm Vegas weather back.  I couldn't bring it all, but I did what I could!!  ;-)   Lol
Have a fabulous day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment