Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, December 20, 2013

The "Time to Start The Holiday Schedule Again", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Just My Imagination (Running Away From Me)", The Temptations. Listen to those strings. I think it's pretty cool that Barry Gordy got musicians from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra to play for Motown.

We found some photo albums my mom squirreled away.  Photos from when I was a baby through maybe age 7-8. Photos of my cousins when we were kids. We're going to scan them in and I'm posting them.  Lol. Me and Karen, when we were babies.  Photos of us with Santa.  Photos of my brother as a young teen. Photos of us dressed yo the nines for Easter. One of the jackpot photos is of my Uncle and my dad dressed in all their golf attire finery. Pretty sure their outfits outshone the game!  Lol. I had a ball going over the photos with Shawn. 

There were also photos of young Shawn.  And Brian. And Pat.  Lol. Those will get scanned in also. We even found one of our old poodle, Clark, barking as his photo was taken. Photos of Mom, Dad, my grandparents, and aunts and uncles. :)

So I have the button holes for the needles access. It's pretty ok. The stick doesn't hurt, but the tech has to remove the scab. Imagine someone picking 2 scabs off of you 3 days a week. Well, in reality, it doesn't hurt me. I guess I have a tolerance for pain. When I arrive, I wash the arm and apply alcohol swaps on the button holes.  This helps to prevent infection and loosens up the scab. "Never Can Say Goodbye", The Jackson Five". I've always liked flute weaving through the song. Also, this a song that is hard to mess up. I've liked most versions I've heard.  The button hole sticks don't  hurt and the bleeding after removal is much shorter. I'm not sitting in the chair for 15-20 minutes waiting for access to stop bleeding. Lol. One day I'll go over the needle removal process. 

The button hole access is created by a single person cannulating the same spot in the fistula for several weeks.  It's mature now and that's a good thing. My tech has been out since Thanksgiving.  With the exception of the angioplasty day, which was not the fault of the button holes,  there haven't really been any issues. Some techs are more adept at cannulating and short of the ones I just don't want near me, it's been good. 

Have a good day.  Signing off with....The Dramatics, "Welcome Back Home". You can't mess with perfection. "I'm the one that loves you".

No comments:

Post a Comment