Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The "The City is Bankrupt and I'm Supposed to Share the Pain", edition.

Bullshit.  I'm not in a "Support Detroit" frame of mind.  iPod shuffled to "Standing On The Top", The Temptations featuring Rick James. Clearly the retirees are not standing on the top.  It seems as if we're underneath the boot getting the life squished out of us. Apparently retirees on fixed incomes can weather an income cut just as much as a bank or a business can lose a profit for the shareholders. Heh, my blood pressure is up this morning.  Seriously. Here's the deal. When I'm hooked up to the machine, part of that hook up is a blood pressure cuff on my right arm ( the needles are in the left arm), taking my blood pressure every 15 minutes. I've been here 30 minutes.  My blood pressure is elevated. I am so pissed. I have to talk myself off the rage cliff.

"Oh My God", Mark Ronson featuring Lily Allen. Great horns. We'll see where this goes. I don't believe the cuts will be outrageous, but they will happen.  We're looking at 8-25%. That's not real cool if your check is $700 / month.  So here we go. Pensions start getting taxed by the state a few years ago.  Now retirees have to pay for their health coverage. Depending on the income and coverage, the premiums can go up to $1000/month. And let's face it, old people get sick. Do I gamble on my health and opt for the policy with the lower premium, but higher deductible and out of pocket costs.  Or do I hedge my bets with a more comprehensive plan. Someone getting $700 month Is already SOL.  Oh yeah and on top of that, the pension is getting cut. The monthly pay is down to $575 if the cut is 25%. Doesn't sound like shared pain. It sounds like disposable people. RAGE. 

Ok. I'm coming down off the rage cliff. "Funkin' For Jamaica", Tom Browne. "Betty Boop, Boop Boop be doop". Opening horn.  I can name that song in one note.  Lol. Head bop. :)  So when my blood pressure is high, I'm not allowed to recline <huge frown>. I have to sit up.  Let's hope the pressure goes down. I'm not trying to sit up for 3.5 hours.  

Well, that's it for today. I need to focus on something else. I don't need to have a stroke worrying about this.  It would be just what Orr and Snyder would like. One less retiree to worry about. >:-(

Signing off with "When You Get Right Down to It", Phyllis Hyman. "When you get right down to it, you're not in love anymore". Damn skippy. Am real indifferent to Detroit. Detroit doesn't give a hoot about its retirees. I can reciprocate the feeling.  Lol.  OMG. I need to stop and log off. 

Have a great day. I'm going to give it my best shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment