Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The "Dialysis on Sunday..Again", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Portuguese Love", Teena Marie.  This is my favorite song by her.  I wore out the cassette tape. Literally wore it out!  Look how we've progressed from LPs, 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, and now digital. We lugged giant stero systems off to college. Now my entire music library is stored on 1.5 x 4 inch skinny little metal thing....and in a "cloud". Lol. And I'm sticking little soft plastic "buds" in my ears to listen to music.  And it sounds great.  I'm hearing things I never heard on the songs before!

The change in schedule is disruptive, but I just have to take it. Late times on off days. Just gotta do it. What choice do I have....other than plan for it and around it. I cooked the corn yesterday.  We picked up the ham early today.  Good thing, too.  The line grew immediately after we entered. Lol. I'm going to fix the potato salad tomorrow. It always tastes better the next day, anyway. After all the flavors get settled and absorbed.  Stuffing and candied sweet potatoes on Christmas Eve.  Green beans, mac and cheese, and gravy on Christmas Day.  Lol. My stomach started grumbling.  "I'm So Proud", The Main Ingredient. Sounds like pre Cuba Gooding.  I guess I could check...... They are good before him and good after.  And I forgot the Impressions did this song first.  Lol. Now which version of the Impression?  Pre or post Jerry Butler / Curtis Mayfield era?  

Lol. DMX. I HAVE to skip this.  I'll start joining in at the top of my lungs. Lol. "Y'all Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind".  In the desert I am even more thirsty, but somehow I'm controlling it. You know what's nice?  7-11 has small size slurpees. <3. It satisfies the thirst and helps when I get warm....because, you know, it's hard to figure out to wear in the desert in the winter. Lol. You can't catch a clue from residents because they are dressed across the spectrum. In Target...lady in tank top...another lady in a pea coat. <shrugs shoulders>. 

I've learned how to use the scanner...don't judge.  So I'll put a few photos up. Not sure which ones. You can ask me about them.  Stay warm, have some kids shovel the snow, have a great day/evening.  Signing off with "That's The Way of the World", Earth Wind and Fire".  "You find peace of mind when you look way down in your heart and soul..."  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Pat. I trust you will have a wonderful time during the holiday. We had our family Christmas today and everyone finally went home. :) Boy, am I going to pay tomorrow and a few days after that...but for tonight...with my family and grandkids...this was heaven.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , Bruce. Being with people who you love and love you is the best.

    Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete