Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, March 15, 2013

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the Glad my Tech is Back Because when She's not Here Chaos Rules edition. iPod shuffled to "Just Shopping", The Dramatics. Excuse while I crank up the volume. :). I am trying an editor app. Lets see how this works.

Back to the hospital, Monday, November 5, 2012. I'm wheeled into the room. I get the bed closest to the window. The room is pretty crowded. My roommate has 3 visitors and the RN is also in the room. The RN (a guy!...and I pretty quickly get accustomed to the plethora of male Registered Nurses) does his initial assessment and computer check, because all of my records and information is all digitized and follows me all over the hospital. "The Corner", Common. He can really tell a story. Kanye has a few lines on the song. Heh spell check wanted to make Kanye Kenya..anyway..

I settle into the room. I realize my roommate is a very senior lady, Miss Mattie Her visitors are her sister, brother in law and grandson. The grandson is about my age. Miss Mattie isn't very vocal. Laying in bed like she was, she reminded me of my mom. She was about as responsive as my mom was. The grandson was looking grim and concerned. The sister was trying to engage Miss Mattie in conversation. This was so familiar to me. I figured there was a reason I was placed in the room with Miss Mattie. There was, but it wouldn't become apparent until later that week.

 Anyway, I am feeling golden compared to how felt even a few days ago. I'm still hooked up to machines and IVs, but I'm lucid. Lol. Ready to joke and laugh. And watch some cartoons woot!! Signing off with "I Just Wanna Stop", Gino Vanelli. Heh. Who'd thunk he'd be a one hit wonder? Just Say No.

 The editor appears to work, but then Blogger editor looks different now. I am not going crazy. ;(

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this with your friends.

    ReplyDelete