Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The "I Had Lunch With My Old Staff Yesterday and They Still Are the Best!", edition.

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the "I Had Lunch With My Old Staff Yesterday and They are Still the Best!!!", edition.  iPod shuffled to "Sweet Thing", Rufus, featuring Chaka Khan. Who was Rufus and where did he go?  Lol. Chaka did just fine without him. This brings back memories of Mosher-Jordan. Heh heh heh.

I wake up Thursday feeling aces. I watch the news, catch a few cartoons.  Brian brought the ipad so I have that to entertain me.  My breakfast is something other than a dry turkey sausage patty.  Life is good.  Then here comes the orderly with a gurney. :(   He takes me to some area and I am treated by Lindsey.  (For the record, every time I left my room, I took the ipad). She informs me that the appendage in my groin is going to be removed and she will attach a more permanent, yet still temporary access point near my collar bone.  Talk about mixed emotions. That thing attached to the inside of my right thigh was going away, but it was just an exchange for another one.  Lol. You know I am feeling better when I asked Lindsey how often has she done this? She explains the entire procedure to me, she even details the type of anesthesia I'd be getting.  I'm leery, but I have no choice. Sigh.  Sir Mix-a-Lot, "Baby Got Back".  Chair Dance Time {head bob}....

I survive the minor surgery and now I have a new appendage hanging off my right collarbone..it looks like 2 syringes coming out of me.  As a matter fact that's exactly what it is.  ;-(  .  

Get back to my room.  Have lunch.  Dr Kim comes and visits.  He asks about things I like to do.  You know, the hidden psych questions.  I throw him for a big loop when I told him I was an avid gamer, specifically World of Warcraft.  His expression was priceless.  Who knew a retired Black woman was a gamer!!?!??!  Lol. Told him not only was I a gamer, I was in guild with others who didn't fit the mold of gamers and had been playing with them for over 10 years.  Lol. He was floored. He then admitted he had played WoW in his teens.  We discussed a few raids and strategies. Lol. The Main Ingredient, "Goodbye My Love". Cuba Gooding's voice is so distinctive.  Love it.

Ms Mattie is still not talking or eating.  She still utters pleas for The Lord to take her.  He grandson is there everyday.  The doctors keep on scheduling things for her.  No one is happy on that side of the room, especially Ms Mattie. :(  At night when she cries out, I try to comfort her, but I'm not sure she is even aware I am there.  

Not much more going on Thursday.  It looks like I'll be going home on Friday...after getting dialysis.  The nephrologist sets up my dialysis location and schedule.  I wasn't really happy because I was sure my kidneys would recover.  For the record I am not delusional now. Sigh. My classes of assorted medical,students have dwindled, because I am getting better.  Imagine.  A week earlier I was dying.  Now I am going home with a plan for long term recovery.  Life is good, all things considered.

Signing off with "Love on a Two Way Street", The Moments.  Classic 70's Soul.  Some big Afros.  I love listening with the earbuds.  You can hear all the instrumentation.  Strings in one ear, bass in the other.  

1 comment:

  1. Keep up all your hard work and determination. Oh, and FYI.....I LOVE your taste in music!

    ReplyDelete