Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, March 18, 2013

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the "I Seem to Stay Busy Doing Nothing", edition.  iPod shuffled to "When You Get Right Down to It", Phyllis Hyman.  Saw her when I did an internship in DC in 80s along with Frankie Beverly and Maze. 

The rest of my 1st day out of ICU, Monday, was pretty uneventful.  I still didn't have much of an appetite but eh.  Ms Mattie got a lot of attention.  When they tried to feed her, she'd store food in her cheeks (like my mom), that is, if she even would cooperate (like my mom).  She'd get pain meds. She was also calling out someone's name.  The nurses would also roll her over on a regular basis.  "Black Water",Doobie Brothers.  Who doesn't know those lyrics?  And I admit it, I wasn't clear what Doobie was initially - lol.  

A new class o' residents come to visit me.  The lead guy decides I didn't need the foley anymore (yay!!). My new challenge will be getting out of bed, using the walker to get to the bathroom and finally, lifting my self up off the toilet(!). Trust me.  Standing up is an issue when your knees and legs are weak.  My personal crusade is to get toilet seats raised.  How the heck do medical facilities have low toilet sets when the majority of the clients are senior citizens????  Yes the bars help, but a higher seat is better.  The bars assume you has some upper body strength. ;-/   /rant off.  Lol.   Anyway my new best friend intern is now Dr Kim.  He was the one left when the pack o' residents left. 

Life is different out of ICU, more hustle and bustle in the hall, but not so intrusive.  My family comes to visit.  Their faces look more relaxed.  I smile at them because I love my little family. <3. Brian calls Dad.  I convince him I'm getting better.  He at least sounds relieved. Yep, the corner has been turned.  :)

Signing off with "Cupid's Chokehold", Gym Class Heroes.  Yeah, my kid introduces me to music and has influence. And that's not a bad thing. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment