Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pat s Adventures in Dialysis
Archive 3



2-25
Pat's Adventures in Dialysis - the It's So Early it's Dark edition, at least here. iPod shuffled to "Mystic Voyage", Roy Ayers. I used to hang out with the drummer on this song in high school and his band would setup and play outside at the lake. Bonus question one,what's his name? Extra credit if you know the name of his band when he was in high school. 
Ok now I know I have acute renal failure and need to be dialyzed right now. I get moved to a holding area to get transferred to ICU. Heh. iPod is playing "Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No", Alejandro Sanz, featuring Shakira. Shawn lead me to this song. I like it. You might want to check it out, even if it is all in Spanish..lol.
In the ICU holding area, there are very sick people. Of course,I didn't think I was that sick. The guy next to me couldn't feel his legs and had an awful headache and I could hear the panic in his voice. I heard a doctor talking to him. Brian later told me, there a monitor projecting the doctor from somewhere else. Technology!!! Anyway, Next to me Brian was looking grim,and I was trying to crack jokes. A nurse want a urine sample,and the last thing I wanted was a catheter. Brian helped me out of bed, but anyway,the entire exercise was a bust and I ended up with a catheter...I couldn't even walk to the bathroom. 
Now we are at the part where I remember very little. I got transferred to ICU. I sort of remember the ride to ICU. I recall several people transferring me from the gurney to the bed. I have no idea what time it was. The ICU room had more equipment in it that I could ever imagine and I finally realize I am very, very ill. 
Bonus question number two. My drummer friend and his high school band mate (keyboards) toured with Michael Jackson on the Bad tour, which means at least 2 Talented musicians from Detroit toured with Michael. Who is that keyboard player?
Signing off with "Heavens Girl", from Q's Juke Joint. Genius to join up Ron Isley, Charlie Wilson, Aaron Hall and R Kelly in a single song. Naomi Sims is such an afterthought on this song lol.

2-27
Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the I just got back from Vegas just in time for snow and ice edition..whee. iPod selected "Going in Circles"' by the Friends of Distinction. Bonus question..."Going in Circles" has been recorded by at least 1 other group and 1 other artist. I have a Jolly Rancher for the correct guesses! Ah, 1 more song before the adventure. "Don't be Late for Love", The Whispers (one of my all time favorite groups...probably been to every Detroit concert they had - lol).
OK housecleaning and an interlude. I want to make sure that it is understood that the story I am telling occurred in early November, 2012. I type this while I am at dialysis...need something to pass those 3 hours in the chair. I am doing much better now and as a matter of fact, I just got back from a week in Las Vegas. I feel well enough to travel. 
I got dialysis in Las Vegas. My home dialysis center was very instrumental in making the trip a reality. 4 social workers helped at one time or another. My nephrologist expedited some issues. My vascular surgeon also expedited some issues. "You Gets no Love", Faith Evans. I admits it's all about the base line - lol. My tech kept a task list of what needed to be done. By the time I showed up to the dialysis in Vegas, they were waiting for me. They took care of me for 3 sessions. Back home now. :). I'll resume the story at my next dialysis session. Signing off with ,"Never Can Say Goodbye", Jackson 5. I played that one on the piano. One of my favorite J5 songs. Shout out to one of my fellow J5 fans from back in the day, Janet. :)

3-1
Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the It's Early Friday Morning and Everyone in my Dialysis Module is Asleep but Me. iPod shuffled over to "Summer Madness", Kool and the Gang. This song always takes me back to freshman year at UM. 
Ok. My first night in ICU. Several things happened that I have no memory of, but I have proof that they happened. I know I had dialysis by 8 pm. Remember, I got to the hospital by 2:30 that afternoon. I had a dialysis catheter inserted into my groin for dialysis. I have absolutely no memory of that ever occurring, but it did because the damn thing was there. Nothing like realizing you have new appendages - lol. AND I felt better for some reason ( it was the 3 hours of dialysis that I don't remember, of course ). "Testify", by Common. No much that I don't like by Common. 
Anyway, even though I don't recall much of what happened that 1st night in ICU, I clearly remember the dream I had that night. I was being chased by something I couldn't see. I was terrified. I finally made it to the to of the hill and when I got there, there were fireworks and people cheering. "In the Rain", The Dramatics...my all time favorite group..ever. Bonus question..the brother of a RonBanks was lead in another Detroit group. Name the brother and the group. Bonus, bonus if you can name the producer of the brother's group (no fair if he is reading this -lol).
Back to the dream. I woke up a bit startled and wondered if I was running away from death and got away. 
Shawn and Dianne have steered me toward some blogs, so I'll look into them this weekend. Christa got the correct answers from the last bonus question and added Issac Hayes lol. Signing off with " I Just Want to Celebrate", Rare Earth. I like music. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment