Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The "I Went to a Transplant Orientation Session Yesterday" edition.

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the I Went to a Transplant Orientation Session Yesterday, edition.  That's going to be a journey unto itself.  Ok. I am going to try to type slower and attempt to minimize the typos.


iPod shuffled to "I'll be There". I proudly admit to still being Jackson 5/Jacksons/Michael Jackson fan.  So there.

So I finish out Saturday, my 1st day in ICU.  My family visits and that makes me happy.  Brian calls my dad so I can speak to him.  He's a bit stressed out because mom is in a nursing home and not getting any better.  Brian had explained to him how ill I was.  So I'm trying to convince dad that, aw shucks I'm ok. Nothing to see here, move along.  Lol. He didn't fall for it.  Ah, "Ocean of  Thoughts and Dreams",  The Dramatics <3.  Bonus question.  What group sampled this song?  Heh. I might get a beat down for this, but the Dramatics trump the Temptations all kind of ways.

Anyway Brian attempts to get me to eat.  I did eat the applesauce  :). The nurse suggested he bring some snack packs of applesauce and fruit cocktail and hard candies...I could work with that.  That night , darn if I didn't have another vivid dream. Again, I'm running from an evil force.  Now I have to preface this with I have cognizant dreams and during the dreams I can recognize irony.  The villain in  this dream had a face.  It was Darnell Williams who played Jesse on All My Children on ABC in the  80's...wtf???...rofl.  Woot , "Be My Girl", The Dramatics again. :).  iPod having a Dramatics-polooza for me this morning.

Back to the evil know as Darnell Williams.  He was chasing me with waves of black sludge that he was tossing at me.  I'm ducking and dodging the sludge like I'm Neo from the "Matrix"....lol.  It's getting closer and closer and finally I yell at him to get away.  Apparently I actually yelled.  I scared the lady who  was cleaning my room. She yelled.  I woke up, and 3 nurses ran into the room.  (Looking back on that I laugh because the expression on the cleaning lady's face was priceless..I really SCARED her..and yes I apologized). The good news is I had no more dreams like that.  I woke up feeling that I won and everything was going to be just fine :)

Signing off with "Baby Come Back", Player.  Takes you back, doesn't it?
Tried to address typos. The interface isn't really iPad friendly.....grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment